• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

US Marines / Surviving the Cut

Started by FinsnFur, March 21, 2011, 11:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Recon!
I just seen that tonight on the tube. (rerun)
I'm not sure how much of it is authentic, but I gotta say, I just gained massive amounts of respect for you men and women.
Some of the things these guys are going through, only to end up dropping like flies, blacking out, puking, fainting, seizing up, is horrendous at best.

One of the guys says, "there is no thankful moments for anything being finally over because every day gets worse".
Half way through the show, the trainer told them once before explaining a task, that it was going to suck more then anything they could ever imagine. And then he says but we like things that suck!

On the first day there I believe, they were dumped in a pool and asked to tread water for 40 minutes in full fatigues.
And then the death march!  :sick2:
Thats not even remotely a fraction of it.

And to think that aint nothing compared to what gets dealt with during missions.
Avoid Panic!...are you kidding me?
:nono: I'm here to tell ya, you men and woman are every single bit of what your talked up to be, and more.
My hat is off to each and every one of you. You folks are clearly a different breed. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

The Recon Marines are the "Spec Ops" of the Marine Corps.   Here is a little write up about what they have to do to even get considered for training.

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Smith_112003,00.html

riverboss

I watched this show also lastnight they add a new meaning to the word tough they realy have to want something bad to put them selves in there for that torture they have my respect as well as all ofthe others that have and will serve. :congrats: :congrats:

bambam

Saw a show about Marine Recon about 3 weeks ago. Those guys are bad-ass. I wouldn't last a day in that training.

Jeb

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I've known (know) quite a few Army Airborne and Rangers (couple rangers were very good friends). I knew an Army LRRP (Long Range Recon Patrol). I know a couple Army Green Berets. I had a good friend that was a Navy Seal and my wife's cousin is one. I have also met a few of them. I have only personally met two Recon Marines. Scarce as hen's teeth I'm telling you.
Now don't get me wrong. Every special group I've named up there are badazzes, but for some reason the Recon Marines seem to be, in general, the baddest of the bad. Just an observation on my part.

BTW, I watched that program too Jimbo.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

shaddragger

Those are the guys who go in first !!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen