• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Shewmaker's First Yote!

Started by Ol joe, August 23, 2011, 08:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol joe

Started a new job lately that led me to meet Jason. He had tried yote hunting last winter a little with no luck. Once he heard I was an addicted yote hunter he came to me wandering if I would be willing to take him one day. Now, I don’t know much but I was willing to offer any help I could and was eager to try out some new territory. We met up Saturday morning and he took me to a farm he had tried calling once with no luck. I started off the stand with 2 lone howls and immediately got several to answer and they were close! 2 soft pup yips and I see one headed our way. “Jason, here comes one” I whispered, “make it 2!” They were headed right at us. Jason was great with his patience. Had he taken the shot when they first appeared it would have been roughly a 150 yd shot. Once they got to about 80 yds they started to act cautious. Since I wanted him to get a kill, I didn’t chance it. “Take one,” I said. BANG! HIT! “Shoot the other!” CLICK! His gun had jammed! He had time to fix it because the yote was focused on his fallen comrade. BANG! Miss! Then the first yote started to get up and I told him to finish him. BANG! He’s down. And the 2nd one was still there! “Shootem!”  I said, which Jason replies... “I’m out of shells! “ :rolleye: So we had to sit there with no ammo and watch that coyote just slowly walk off. Once we went to claim his trophy we saw something wild! While the yote was rolling around he had bitten off his tale! I don’t mean just the hide! Bone and all! Still in his mouth!! Check out the pics!
All in all a great day! 2 called 1 down and a hard lesson learned! Always be prepared!

Biscuit

â€œShootem!”

[/quote] Did you mean ''CHOOTEM'' :eyebrow: Haha Great hunt and with all the coyotes we have killed ive never seen nothing like the that!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

KySongDog

Bit his tail off!    :laf:   Congrats on the hunt.   

Ol Joe and Biscuit, are coming to the LBL next year?

Biscuit

Semp you can count on me coming to the hunt :yoyo: Ol' joe called earlier and told me that he has the cabin already booked. Let me get my deer out of the way and a few coyotes on the ground and i will be sitting on the front porch waiting on ya!  :sleep:

WldWldWest

Joe, I'd say you ruined Ole Shewmaker!

Good Job!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Nice job Boys! :yoyo:
I cant say I've ever heard of such a thing either. thats crazy funny. :laf: Think he was trying to kiss his butt good bye?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Great story, Old Joe.  You have definitely made Jason an addict for life.  That is just too funny putting his bit off tail in his mouth, especially since I hang an extra tail out of my Yote Coyote decoy's mouth a lot.  Your picture proves it works.  :congrats: :congrats: :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Ol joe

Thanks guys. We actually didnt put the tail in his mouth. Thats exactly how he was laying when we walked up to him. I dont know what he was thinking. Jason hit him pretty far back on the first shot and i have seen them bite at their hip but never bite their tail off! But its like jason said. "You reckon he was dissapointed when he bit his tail off and realized that didnt help the pain?" :laf: