• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Ford finally broke down

Started by Roundman, June 05, 2011, 09:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Yep.... I know it's hard to believe but it happened. The plastic intake decided to break and puke all the antifreeze out. I pulled it apart yesterday morning and picked up the new one today. I've seen some bad engineering jobs before and this ranks right up there with the best of them. I've thought many times the 5.4 motor would be hard to work on. It's kinda tucked up under the dash and things are a little tight, but so far it's not been that bad. I do wish I had my old F150 (with the 300 6 cylinder) back. It was hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned.

I thought about trading it in on a Jeep, but I've been down that road before $$$$$
Thought about the Chevy, but I need something to work in as well as look good in.
Then you have a Dodge. Well....if there is a Dodge in the the driveway I've got company.  :biggrin:

I guess I'll put this one back together and drive it for a few more years. Maybe it's got another lbl trip or two left in it.

msmith

LOL you're about like me Roundman. That 300/6 was one heck of a motor. Couldn't win any races, but it sure was reliable and somewhat of a torque monster for a 300ci engine...er excuse me, a 4.9L. As far as workin' goes, Fords are definitely heavier than the GMs and I think they are heavier than the Dogses.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

Yeah a stock 300/6 actually rates more low end torque then a stock Chevrolet 350 if I remember right.

My 90 F150 has a 300/6 and I love it.
I had a 78 F250 with a 300/6 in it and I loved that one even more.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MI VHNTR

Ford first.  No Government Motors or Chrysler products for me. I've already spent my hard earned tax dollars on them with the bailouts, thanks to the effed up policies of the national lawn jockey and the democRATS.  :argh: 
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

CCP

QuoteThat 300/6 was one heck of a motor.

I have to agree with that. Pulled a many peanut trailer with one because the fords we had with the V8's would just spin down and no pull. The old 300 2 wheel drive would just putt along no problem. I bought a new Ford in 94 with the 300 and realized why they put the 2 gas tanks on them. 14 miles per gal is all I could get out of it on the HWY but would run with no problems as long as she had gas.

My wife just bought a new Ford focus and she is loving the 36MPG and so is my wallet. :eyebrownod:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net