• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First blood on my Prairie Panther AR-15

Started by possumal, August 25, 2011, 09:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Made a trip this afternoon with Yote Yoda up to a new farm in northern Kentucky.  We got there so late, and it was so darned hot, so we just picked out what we believed to be a good late afternoon setup.  When I turned on the CS-24 with Coyote Yip Howls, two different groups really lit it up.  Gave it a few minutes and switched to Coyote & Fawn, then Fawn distress, with a little pup distress mixed in.  I saw two coming from about 400 yds away along a brushy creek ditch and Yote Yoda saw three more coming from a different direction.  I stopped this big female about 150 yds out, and put the first bullet ever shot out of my Prairie Panther at a coyote right through her left shoulder, DRT.  The CS-24 started screaming Coyote Death Cry when Foxbang activated, and Yote Yoda could never get a shot at any of the other three.  We were both wringing wet with sweat, so all in all, it wasn't a bad day to break in my new rifle.  She was a mature female and had raised pups this year, furred out surprisingly good for this time of year.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

Great job Al!  Cool AR you got there to!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

That didn't take long Al!!  :highclap: :congrats:  1st blood is always the best.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

Doesnt take you long to Bloody up a new Stick! :congrats:

Great Job!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

kyfuzzyface

WTG Al, Save some of the others for later !!  :yoyo:
Fuzzy

securpro

Congrats AL ,What part of Northern Ky were you in ? I'm in the Dry Ridge area. I assume your donw in the Lex area ? I have a customer in Richmond that raises cattle close to the depot, He has mentioned problem coyotes before on his place.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

possumal

securpro:   Lexington is part of where I live. Nicholasville is only 10 miles south of Lexington.  We were north of Lexington a good way, but not in your back yard.

Nastygunz:  I kinda thought Yote Yoda was a cool name myself.  Considering he is an alien from a nearby planet, he no doubt has superior intelligence to a scroungy OLD marsupial, if I can figure a way to extract some of it for our needs in pursuing the ultimate Trickster, Wiley. :biggrin: :biggrin:  Maybe it is moving him out of a magnetic field he is used to, but he seems to never know where north, south, east, and west are located.  I feel confident he will adapt though as soon as he gets through mastering marsupial English.  :holdon: :holdon:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

riverboss

Well who would of expected that to happen!Way to go Al. :congrats:

nastygunz

Im pretty sure you have the coyote hunting game down pat Mr.Possumal  :bowingsmilie:...do you ever go after fox?

possumal

Nasty, I used to call a lot of foxes in, reds and greys, but seldom see any reds at all around my part of the world. The coyotes have killed the reds to the extent they just aren't too many around now.  More live close to the big cities like Lexington.  I see one every once in a while crossing a wide open field on the horse farms.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Nice looking rifle Al.  To hot to be calling out here, hit 100 again today.  I may not get any calling in this year so I'll have to count on all you guys to post some pictures and stories. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs