• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shroom Doom.

Started by nastygunz, September 27, 2011, 10:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Health Department Warns Residents To Be Cautious

POSTED: 12:03 pm EDT September 27, 2011

CONCORD, N.H. -- The state Department of Health and Human Services is warning residents to be cautious when eating wild mushrooms after seeing an increase in mushroom-related emergency room visits.

Public Health Director Dr. José Montero said most previous emergency room visits involved young children and young adults, but recent cases have involved people of all ages.

The health department said eight ER visits were attributed to wild mushroom consumption in 2009, and the number increased to 11 in 2010. That number is already at 31 this year, with 18 occurring in September.

The department recommends children not eat any wild mushrooms, and adults who eat them should first make sure they are safe to eat.

There is no approved treatment for mushroom poisoning, according to the health department.

Symptoms include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, severe diarrhea, a change in heart rhythm and low blood pressure, and they may not begin until hours after consumption.

The department warns that many toxic mushrooms look a lot like non-toxic ones, and mushrooms are more abundant with the recent wet weather.

FinsnFur

:confused: Aint no mushrooms growing up here with the recent wet weather. We havnt had enough wet weather to make them grow if they wanted to, not to mention it's been in the 40s and 50s overnight. :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

securpro

I love mushrooms but I aint eating any that didnt come from the GROCERY store.  :rolleye:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

nastygunz

Coincidentally there's a shortage of tp going on.... :innocentwhistle:

Dave

I had a few uncles that loved hunting wild mushrooms, and I always wanted to get into it.  I see some of the guys here post about morels, and have heard about how good they are, but for now will stick to store bought.