• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

does Plot Saver work ?

Started by bambam, April 22, 2012, 07:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

Have any of you guys ever used Plot Saver around your food plots ? If so, does it work ?

I've never used it cause I've never planted a food plot but I got some this year to put around my garden to keep the deer out. I also got some Liquid deer fence that is supposed to keep out deer and rabbits. It is granular and you sprinkle it around the garden. That crap doesn't work cause my daughter's pet rabbit ate off one of my cabbage plants the very next day.   

If the Plot Saver doesn't work, I'll go back to the old tried and true method...... lead poisoning  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

I just fill up old milk jugs with water and set them around the outside of the plot.

Ok...I'm kidding :laf: I dont even have a plot. I just see everyone doing that around their gardens here. Maybe it's cause the hose dont reach and they are tired of carrying water :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kyfuzzyface

I have had better luck keeping the deer out  buy getting some human hair from your local barber shop and placeing it in some knit stockings and hanging it in the garden
I hang several thru the garden, Don't work for rabbits but works for me with deer
Hope this helps !!
Fuzzy

code

We just have a big plastic link fence.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

WldWldWest

My Father in law raids the local barber shops and puts the hair in ladies stocking and ties them around his garden and it does a great job keeping the deer out.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

WldWldWest

KY Fuzzy face we did that at the same time! :shrug:

At least it works for two people!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Okanagan

Mt BIL was a UPS driver and was curious about a package once in awhile that came from a zoo to one of his customers.  It was lion dung, which the man placed around his garden to keep deer out.

FWIW

Carolina Coyote

Just plant a little extra and let the Deer eat all they want.  :eyebrownod: cc

code

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on April 23, 2012, 10:28:01 AM
Just plant a little extra and let the Deer eat all they want.  :eyebrownod: cc

Then shoot them. :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Carolina Coyote

Right on Code you got the idea!

bambam

Thanks guys.  :laf: :laf:  So how often do you have to put out new hair ?  I'm sure it loses strength over time.

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: bambam on April 23, 2012, 06:47:29 PM
Thanks guys.  :laf: :laf:  So how often do you have to put out new hair ?  I'm sure it loses strength over time.
Once a year is all I do
Fuzzy

Dave

I had big problems with deer raiding the garden.  I few years back I put up an electric fence (the one I have is solar powered) and that solved it.  Not even a track.  But when I take it down in the begining of winter, all of the sudden there are tracks in there.  Luckily (or not) there aren't many rabbits around (the foxes take care of them).