• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Brown Bear Hunt ???

Started by KySongDog, May 16, 2012, 09:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

These guys are using 375 H&H caliber rifles.    They are supposed to be hunters but I have my doubts.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLHCBmZWXM&feature=related

weedwalker

A little practice at the rifle range before the hunt would have been a big plus. :eyebrownod:

KySongDog

Pretty sorry me thinks.   

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

Now I understand the old description of "Not being able to hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle".
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on May 16, 2012, 09:02:58 PM
They are supposed to be hunters but I have my doubts.

I think we can all say that your "doubts" are correct.  They are NOT hunters.  In fact I can't really think what they are but they aren't shooters either.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Thats tough to watch :rolleye:
I dont know how tough those things are to put down, but sheeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

He should have invested in the 17HMR they are alot more accurate and hard hitting than a miserable outdated 375 H&H. :laf:

I  agree that was tough to watch. These guys would have been better off just showing some still photos of their Bear hunt posing with the dead bear. The video kinda killed the whole "I killed a big bear" story being cool to looking like morons from the office on their first hunt.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

riverboss

It looked to me like the bear was running straight to them so he could get close enough for them to hit him and he would be out of his misery that was some awfull shooting for sure,  If those guys ever hunted before it was at a paintball course against others just like them.

FOsteology

It totally amazes me what some people will proudly upload to YouTube...

JohnP

If you have a rifle and license we are all lumped into the same category.  Really irks me to see stuff like this and then get painted with the same broad brush. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hidehunter

Quote from: FOsteology on May 18, 2012, 12:47:08 PM
It totally amazes me what some people will proudly upload to YouTube...

I was thinking the same thing.  I understand these city boys were probly excited and all but it is evident that they did not practice before they went.  IMO that bear deserved a little more respect than that.  Pretty sad to watch.  Im sure if they were real hunters and something like this happend, they would have been to ashamed/embarrassed to post it on the internet.
Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Well I'll come to their defense a little bit. I know from experience that most folks can't handle or don't know how to deal with the adrenaline dump that floods your body after you shoot something like a bear. Some of us can remain calm and complete whats needed to follow through (Heck might even miss once myself) but I would say a good majority kinda go into a miniature panic/melt down mode for a bit.

My first bear went down with one shot and after words my hands shook a little bit, but I have been with guys I thought were going to wet themselves they were shaking so bad and uncontrollably.  :biggrin:

Look as the video as "Learning" film.  :biggrin: