• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I got Supper...

Started by Hidehunter, October 13, 2012, 08:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Opening day for Fall Turkey was today.  I went up to a little honey hole of mine where I know the birds roost and set down just before daylight.  I heard one fly down on other side of ridge but that was all I heard. I waited around and didnt make a sound for 20 minutes or so.  I then got up and snuck over the ridge and seen 5 hens feeding about 70 yards away.  They were feeding toward the next little hollar where there is a pine patch. I decided to sneak around and set up in the pines and wait for them to come around.  I went back the way I came to keep from being spotted and made my way around to the pine patch. Only problem was when I got there the birds had made better time than me and I jumped them.  4 went down the hollar and the other went around the point.  I went after the lone hen and got between her and the rest of them.  I waited to see if any of them would start calling and they never did.  I set up in a blown over tree top and called 2 times and she answered. I just shut up and about 5 minutes later she called and was just over a knoll in front of me.  Im glad she called when she did or I probly would have never got her.  I raised my bow and assumed the position.  She popped out at 30 yards and I put a rage through her.  She jumped and took about 5 steps and that was all she wrote.

I was pretty excited as I hadnt got a deer yet with my new bowtech so this old girl inagurated it.  Was a great morning to be out in the woods.

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

That is some good shooting and being able to get it done without being seen is great.

coyote101

Congratulations on a successful hunt.  :congrats: :congrats: A turkey with a bow is pretty impressive.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat   
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

With a bow too, that's freakn awesome!!! Nicely done!!!

Hidehunter

Thank you guys...thats my 3rd one with a bow. My goal is to get a yote with a bow but I have a hard enough time callin em in and gettin em with the 250 so Im thinkin it will be a while.
Denver                                           

Dave

Very nice!  What a great sounding hunt.  Lots of action and you drilled one. 
How do you like your Bowtech?  That's a sweet looking bow.

Hidehunter

I absolutly love it...Its a Black Ops edition Assassin.  I have always been a Hoyt man but that is slowly changing.  I also like how they put a little American flag on the underside of the limbs with 'In God We Trust' wrote under it.
Denver                                           

HaMeR

Purdy cool Denver!! Heck I'm having enough trouble getting one with a shotgun!! Congratulations on a great hunt!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Nicely one Denver. :congrats:
Looks like you guys are getting some rain too. Been raining here for two days.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

riverboss

Nice bird, and with a bow that makes it even better. :highclap:

bambam