• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Frustrated

Started by FOsteology, November 17, 2012, 08:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

250Savage and I have been hunting for the past two weeks. Throughout the month of October we had four good mature bucks caught on the trail cameras on a regular basis. Now, they seem to have up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

All we're seeing are young bucks and does. A couple of the bucks he's almost dropped the hammer on. Very nice wide and massive 8pt that I believe is 3.5yo and another 8pt that is not as wide, but taller tines and again, probably 3.5-4.5 age range.

Heading back out tomorrow morning.

FinsnFur

I dont know about down there, but I used to swear up here they know when season opens. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:madd: I feel ya brother! We've had 1 antler photo in daylight since Oct 20. That was on a Sunday, rat bastids!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Hidehunter

Daylight hours get shorter and the patterns change...Rut is in full force here and our opening day of Rifle Season is Monday and I got all week off.  Hope one of the big boys pose for ya tomorrow evening!!
Denver                                           

riverboss

The rut in Ky is in full swing! Ive seen bucks chaseing all week with the big boys starting to show, Im still hopeing i find my big buck and saveing my tag for him . I saw 3 bucks chaseing this morn, Its the best season for watching buck chase as i have ever seen ive  watch 14 different bucks in the act of breeding this year, its been awsome.

FOsteology

No joy this morning.  :sad:

I'm not sure on the rut this year. Typically, the rut in my area will start as early as the middle of October. I've seen a little activity, but it's been restricted to the young bucks trying to chase does.

Man what owns the property we hunt thinks the rut hasn't begun.

However, I have noticed bucks on camera appear to be lighter (weight) than they appeared in late Sept. and October. Leads me to believe the rut was in swing during the tail end of Oct. through first of November before our rifle season opened.

Guy what owns the property doesn't think so..... thinks it's coyotes running the deer.

???????

I suppose the next two weeks or so should prove one of us right!  :laf:

Going back out this evening and see what we see....

FOsteology

Rut in south Texas is typically late December. However, the south central area and coastal areas usually see the rut around mid-late October.

250Savage and I sat out this evening. Had 3 doe with their fawns come in. One fawn was a little nubbin' buck. Shortly after, a young 2.5yo basket 6pt came in and proceeded to chase all the doe around. Horney little buggar, but the ladies obviously weren't interested in a boyfriend. :nono:

Nothing else aside from squirrels.

Perhaps Thanksgiving break will offer better opportunities.

Hidehunter

Denver