• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's safe schools proposal . . .

Started by Frogman, December 19, 2012, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

As a retired school teacher and a current NRA concealed carry instructor I think willing school staff members who are carefully screened and then thoroughly trained in the summer would be most effective.  Administrators, teachers, custodians, who are willing and get the training should be allowed to carry concealed.  They need to be very discrete about it.  No one should know who is carrying and who is not.  The firearm should be required to be carried on the person.  Not in a purse or bag or in the desk where they might be accessed by unauthorized persons.  The training for these people should be very complete, similar to that required by air marshals. 
Yea and they should be required to be re-evaluated and retrained every summer.  I know in the small school where I taught there were two or three staff members who would have been good candidates for this program.  Custodians would be especially good because they move about the building freely and would not seem out of place anywhere in the building.  Teachers spend more time in or close to their classrooms.  Just kind of brainstorming here. 
No room in this program for "Tackleberry" (guy in the Police Academy movies) type attitudes.
I feel something along these lines would be very effective.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Okanagan

Practical, common sense, high return for low cost, more effective than another hundred laws...

In other words it fails every criterion for getting enacted.   I wish that were not so.  Common sense is rearing its head once in awhile even in the mainstream culture, so maybe there is hope.

Good words and a good plan.

Hidehunter

Quote from: Okanagan on December 19, 2012, 09:42:27 AM
Good words and a good plan.

I agree...unfortunatly I agree with the first part of your statement to.
Denver