• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Gifts from the trapline...

Started by Coulter, December 19, 2012, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Nope, no dead critter tailgate shots here. My wife finally received her new sheared beaver coat and absolutely loves it as she is clearly demonstrating. All the beaver were caught by me, and the fox trim on the hood was actually the very first red fox I ever caught. That was a surprise for her.

Unfortunately, I've created a monster...now she wants a longer coat with long hair for those really cold days and also a blanket. My fur checks may start getting a bit skimpy over the next couple of years :doh2:

Steve

FinsnFur

Thats freegin awesome! What a gift for her especially all made with your harvests :congrats: :congrats:
That is pretty cool right there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Hidehunter

Beautiful!!  I told the wife that I would make her a hat out of the skunk I caught yesterday...she was not quite as happy as your wife  :nono:
Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Awesome!!!!! Alls she needs now is the mittens.  :biggrin:

wv-outdoor

Seems like a good use of your fur.

Coulter

Yep, she mentioned mittens as well. All of my kids have beaver mittens that I made. They still wear them too...even at college :biggrin:
Come to think of it I need to make myself a pair of mittens and a hat before muzzleloader season opens here.
I figured this will help promote fur...she has no qualms about wearing it everywhere she goes. Maybe it will help the fur markets down the road.

Steve

HaMeR

That turned out very nice Steve!! You can't buy those smiles!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

I keep trying to keep the groundhog hides here for Diane's coat but I haven't been able to get her to go for it.  :shrug:  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  :confused:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

That finished up beautiful and the fact that you provided the fur is an extra.

Jerry

Quote from: HaMeR on December 20, 2012, 08:24:01 AM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  :confused:
HaMeR, you just aren't treating the sheared beaver groundhog or whatever you want to call it properly.

Jerry

Okanagan

Dazzling smile and a beautiful coat.  WTG!

As to fur checks, I regret selling a few hides but have never regretted keeping one instead of selling.

Coulter

Thanks guys...

Glen that just ain't right man...surely you guys have some classier fur than that in Ohio. Say opossum for instance. Now, I'm sure she would appreciate that fine quality fur.

I hear ya Okanagan...I send a bunch of furs out to be tanned each year instead of selling them. I've made numerous hats and mittens for myself and the kids. Some of my friends have even paid me to them some. It's nice to keep some good quality furs on hand all the time.

Steve

HaMeR

I think the groundhog coat is just the right style for her since she doesn't want to go hunting in the cold for the possums.  :laf: :laf:  It's still a beautiful coat & a grand thing you did for your wonderful Mrs.  :highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11