• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Winterbuck

Started by Dave, January 02, 2013, 09:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

We are in our winter archery season now and were out today. Here's a buck my cousin's kid shot with a crossbow.  I'm a designated driver since I filled my buck tag earlier this year.   This was the only one we got, but we had them going all over the place (no other shots, either).   This guy had nine points.  Tough to see that ninth point on the G-2 on his left antler - looks like a muley point.  You can see where the same point must've broken off on his right side.

We had to drag it about 600+ yards along a railroad track.  We hunted up some 2x4's along the tracks and were able to make the drag a little bit easier. (Video)

- Hey - no laughing.  Did make it easier!

And this was a few days earlier at the same spot.  Glad it didn't show up today!  (Video)

Hawks Feather

Nice looking buck and I am sure you were glad the train didn't show up.  You could have had mushed-buck.

Jerry

Okanagan

Never saw that method of moving a buck before!  Nice buck.  Congrats to the young man!

HuntnCarve

Looks like you guys had a great day!  Congrats to Mike on a fine buck! :congrats:  Pretty cool way to move him down the tracks.

Dave

Dave

HuntnCarve

We're going to have to keep either a wheelbarrow, or a couple two by fours handy if we find ourselves hunting near the tracks? :laf:

Dave

Carolina Coyote

Good old American ingenuity, nice Buck Congratulation's to the Young Man.  :highclap: cc 

FinsnFur

Congrats on the nice buck Gents. :congrats:

I love the ingenuity! :yoyo:
I'm seeing a small platform with rail rollers on each side. You could also use it to stroll down the tracks yourselves to get to your spot.  :eyebrow:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 04, 2013, 07:29:44 PM
Congrats on the nice buck Gents. :congrats:

I love the ingenuity! :yoyo:
I'm seeing a small platform with rail rollers on each side. You could also use it to stroll down the tracks yourselves to get to your spot.  :eyebrow:
I like that idea.  Gotta go check Craigslist and ebay!

shaddragger

:congrats: That's a great buck, especially late season, and creative thinking on the drag sled!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen