• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyote speak the language?

Started by slimjohnson, February 18, 2013, 01:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimjohnson

What's up everybody. I'm new to the coyote hunting world. The coyotes just moved into our area of the country in the last decade. The experienced Hunters are basically non existent here in south central virginia. I wanted to know what the best place to go to listen and learn the different yote barks and howls to learn how to better my chances of using the right calls at the right times? Thanks
You just can't fix stupid no matter how hard you try!

FinsnFur

Welcome aboard Slim.
Check out the thread thats pinned at the top of the predator hunting forum titled "Presorted Topics".

It a collection of threads designed for exactly what your looking for. And dont be afraid to ask questions.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slimjohnson

Thanks fins. I read all the threads in there and feel like i tripled my knowledge in a few evenings of reading. Some of that info is priceless!  Just hoping for more dumbed down sound tutorials for me to try and understand how these yotes communicate.  We have numerous packs in my area that howl almost nightly. I want to know what they are saying. I wish they would speak English! Lol

possumal

slimjohnson, don't want to diminish your enthusiasm any, but IMO, when anyone starts telling you they know exactly what coyote vocals mean, you better take that with a grain of salt.  The coyotes will teach you more than any other source if you pay attention. Good hunting at ya!
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slimjohnson

Quote from: possumal on February 18, 2013, 03:24:08 PM
slimjohnson, don't want to diminish your enthusiasm any, but IMO, when anyone starts telling you they know exactly what coyote vocals mean, you better take that with a grain of salt.  The coyotes will teach you more than any other source if you pay attention. Good hunting at ya!
I feel what your saying on the exact translation. I'm a pretty good turkey hunter but if i started telling you exactly what every chirp meant i hope you would call BS!  I'm just trying to get all the education i can. Thanks for the reply.

FinsnFur

I'm going to go with this; and again I'm no pro...but I feel the howling you hear at night is the coyotes establishing a pecking order. They're either on a kill/meal or preparing to hunt.

Use those sounds to locate them so you know what areas to call.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com