• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Jim, Living the Dream for You Pt 3

Started by Tikaani, March 25, 2013, 09:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Jim,

Here are few pictures from Saturday. The video gives you an idea of our ice depth, it is a 40" auger with a 24" extension, ice thickness is about 5'-4".  It was a slow day, total of 18, maybe a couple more.  It was a nice day though, balmy -5 when we got there and warmed up to 9 when we left at about 5:30.  On the way out one tow sled broke, no fix so we unloaded my sled put his in and piled everything in and made the 30 mile trip out.

John

Heading home

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Hawks Feather

Well I guess that answers the question - Got Ice?

Jim is going to be so glad to read this and so sorry that he isn't there.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Living the dream indeed! Jerry can read my mind, I DO wish I was there. I keep telling everybody, someday I'm moving to Alaska, they call me cRaZy.
I cannot believe there's 5 foot of ice in that river. It really doesnt even look like it could much deeper. How much water is left to fish in? :laf:

Our ice is starting to rot out on the edges, were on the down slope now :sad: So thanks for the moral boost :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 26, 2013, 05:14:26 AM
Living the dream indeed! Jerry can read my mind, I DO wish I was there. I keep telling everybody, someday I'm moving to Alaska, they call me cRaZy.

After you move, Jim, I bet you'll ask yourself why you didn't move sooner.   I've made three trips to Alaska so far.  If I was younger I'd be moving today.   

iahntr

looks like fun ! That is some crazy thick ice !!
Scott