• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tennessee Tom down

Started by markTNhunter, April 09, 2013, 01:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

Got in the woods about 30 minutes before daylight this morning there was 3 having a gobbling contest on the limb already so I got as close as felt I could set up then when it got light and they came off the roost it was complete chaos there was what sounded like 4 hens raising Heck yelping cutting fighting the gobblers were shaking the tree tops gobblin I tried calling hoping to get the hens pissed and come my way and the gobblers to follow but there was just to much competition this went on for about 10 15 minutes and I heard 3 other gobblers off in the distance all in different directions the hens and the first 3 toms started moving off and one of the other toms from out the ridge started closing the distance fast I made a couple cutts and yelps and a few purrs and the next thing I know he's on top of me full strutt 20 yards I done 2 soft yelps he stretched his neck out and I sent a load of Remington 3 1/2s nitro mags his way bang flop and of course about 5 minutes of the dien wing falps. AWSOME morning!!
Click pictures to inlarge

coyote101

Congratulations, it sounds like a great morning in the turkey woods.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

markTNhunter

21.3 pounds 1inch spurs 10 inch beard buy the way

nailbender

Lonehowl

gravesco hunter

FinsnFur

Complete Chaos!  THATS what were talkin bout :yoyo:
How come you didnt enter it in the contest?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Sweeeettttt! that looks like my mossberg!

markTNhunter

Jim if I get a bigger one ill enter it Semp,Pat,ole Biscuit or one of those Kentucky boys will beat that easily !

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Wow!  Good set up, good calling, and best of all, Good shooting!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

gravesco hunter

I would be glad to shoot a bird like that any time,I have taken bigger birds,but I have learned with the pressure we have here if it is a long beard  it can ride in my Jeep

Hawks Feather

Yep, I too would be happy to drop that bird.

Jerry

KySongDog

Very nice bird!  Congrats!    :yoyo:

Quote from: markTNhunter on April 09, 2013, 06:48:15 PM
Jim if I get a bigger one ill enter it Semp,Pat,ole Biscuit or one of those Kentucky boys will beat that easily !

I'm way down at the bottom of the pile. My name doesn't belong in the same sentence with those turkey hunting machines.   :eyebrownod:

Our season opens Saturday and I can't wait!   The first bird that shows up with a beard - jake or gobbler- gets blasted!    :laf:   

kyfuzzyface

Congrats On a Nice bird !!
Fuzzy

WldWldWest

Good Bird Mark, Way to go! :bowingsmilie:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!