• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Canada canoe trip 2013

Started by coyote101, June 22, 2013, 12:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Hey Pat, I was just wondering about drinking water on your trips. Do you pack it in, or use a filtration system?  :wo:

coyote101

Quote from: weedwalker on July 04, 2013, 01:16:45 PM
Hey Pat, I was just wondering about drinking water on your trips. Do you pack it in, or use a filtration system?  :wo:

Although the water looks perfectly clean up there, we ALWAYS filter it before drinking or cooking with it. I used to use, and still take as a backup, an MSR Mini-works filter. It is a pump type filter that attaches directly to a Nalgene bottle and I have used it for years backpacking. A couple of years ago I discovered gravity fed base camp filters and we now use a Katadyn base camp filter. Just fill the bag and the weight forces the water through an internal filter. No pumping involved. We haven't pumped a drop in the past two years!  :biggrin:

The blue bag hanging from the tree is the water filter in use filling up one of our Nalgene bottles.

This is a pretty poor quality picture of my son filling up water pottles with the MSR filter a couple of years ago.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

snafu

Beautiful country, thanks for sharing your trip.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

JohnP

Pat, always enjoy reading about your canoe trip.  Great story with pictures to match.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs