• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bubble gum worms

Started by Dave, August 25, 2013, 09:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

My wife was hosting a bridal shower on Saturday, so Dante and I had to get out of the house for the day.  Spent it on a mountain lake in the Pocono Mountains and did pretty good. 

Some big gills and good size perch

A bunch of pickerel and bass - mostly on bubble gum colored worms

A nice fish fry for the making (the pickerel is 18" and Dante refused to let it go - haven't eaten it yet, but plan to cook it first and then pull out those Y bones)

And finally a nice sunset

Hawks Feather

I am just guessing that you suggested that she have another bridal shower next weekend too.

Looks like a good time.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Oh I love the taste of fresh Perch. That looks like a pretty nice fishing hole with all that dead wood in there like that. Perfect habitat.
Looks like a day well spent, nice haul :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Yes, Jerry, my house is open to all showers - baby, bridal, coming out (if there is such a thing, and then lesbian only), bachelorette (I may need to stick around for that one, though, just in case things were to get out of control), and the like.

We weren't going to keep anything as the fridge is well stocked with flounder.  The very first fish was a nice sized perch - Dante says, "Dad, we GOTTA keep this!"  -  How could I break his heart? 
Panfish and perch are excellent table fare.  Neither of us could object when the other caught a big one of these.
And that end of the lake with all that deadwood is my favorite spot on the lake.  I really like that one picture.

Okanagan

Great pics!  You've been getting in some good fishing.

That end of the lake with the logs in it looks like my favorite brookie lake in Canada.  I love to ease along outside of the lily pads and shore logs and cast a fly or lure into the pockets.  You guys are super fortunate and blessed to fish together in places like that.