• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Nine call lineup.

Started by ninthinning, March 19, 2007, 07:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninthinning

Collection of predator calls made from wood with character.  Two howlers and seven prey in distress.  This is my production for the last month.  If you are interested in a call there are other close up views.  Four of the calls are made from a nice slab of amboyna burl and would make a nice set.  The two tall calls with the long thin tone boards are pure coyote howlers.

#1-Mesquite Burl $25.  #2-Black walnut Sold $25.  #3-Curly Pink Ivory Sold $25. 
#4-Amboyna Burl $20.  #5-Amboyna Burl $25  #6-Amboyna Burl $50.
#7-Amboyna Burl 2 piece $60.  #8-Redwood burl $50.  #9-Redwood burl $60.

Amboyna burl. First call is open reed prey in distress.  Uses a cast acrylic 3/4" tone board.  Very loud call.
Second call is a pure coyote howler that uses a 5/8" acrylic tone board.  Long sweet howl.
Third call is a versatile two piece that uses any JC enclosed reed.  Easy to field tune.

Close up of two piece.

Made this curly pink ivory call for the girl predator hunter. Sold

This is a tone board with some wood added for comfort.  Easy to play prey in distress.

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Arkyyoter

You always have such nice looking woods Eric......gj!!

Joe

Hawks Feather

Nice wood.  Maybe I had better make that the "material" used to make the call looks great.   :laf:

Jerry

CypressSlough

9th, those calls are beautiful. I've always liked your call style. Great finish as well. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

vvarmitr

How about I take that girlie Pink Ivory .... for Coyote Kate ya know. :innocentwhistle:
pm sent

How about a close up of the Walnut too.

ninthinning

Thanks for all the comments.  The walnut is very dark and doesn't photograph well.  The walnut call has a light blue 3/4" acrylic prey in distress tone board.  Very loud with the installed 7 mil mylar.  All the calls come with extra rubberized cork and mylar reed material in 7 mil and 10 mil and 14 mil thickness.  If you install a 10 mil reed the call is almost to loud to use.

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

keekee

Fine looking calls Ninth!

Brent

ninthinning

Thank you

The image of the mesquite burl call in the lead photo is a little light.  Here are some better shots.  The wood has beautiful curl and the entire call changes from light to dark depending on the angle of light.  10 mil reed combined with mesquite makes for an unnaturally loud prey in distress call.  The dark patchs on the call are the curl, when rotated the dark areas turn light and the light areas become dark.  The curl has a catseye like depth.

vvarmitr

Okay, consider the Walnut gone too. :biggrin:

ninthinning

vvarmitr

^^^^^^ :huh:  :confused:

Ohhhhhh! I get it now. DUH!  :rolleye:  :laf: :laf: