• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Enjoyed meeting Dave and HuntnCarve!

Started by Okanagan, March 30, 2014, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Dave picked me up and we drove out to a famous mega buffet where HuntnCarve joined us for supper last evening.  These men are first class gentlemen and I enjoyed every minute.  They would be friends and regulars to hunt and fish with if we lived near each other.  They WAY exceeded expectations and our time was way too short. 

The Shady Maple Smorgasbord near Lancaster, PA fit the occasion:  over 200 feet of buffet table plus side stations grilling steaks, offering prime rib, desserts, etc. 

My huge thanks to Dave for suggesting we get together while I'm in PA, and for arranging it and driving in the rain to pick me up.  And a huge thanks to HuntnCarve for driving way out there in the rain and for a stunner of a gift.  Would love to try to reciprocate if you ever get out this way.  We need more time for stories.

Hawks Feather

I don't know Dave all that well, but I am sure that you received the 'standard operating procedure' from HuntnCarve.  He is one great guy.

Jerry

FinsnFur

So they double Daved on ya. :laf:
Never met them personally, but I can attest it would be tough going to top either of these gentlemans character. 
HuntnCarve has done a lot of wonderful things for many different people in peculiar situations. Myself included. I'm glad you got a chance to meet those two. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

I really enjoyed meeting you too, Okanagan.  A real fun time - thanks for heading out with Dave and me for a few hours - I know we took you away from some quality grandkid time.  Both learned a lot and talked a lot!
I feel the same way if you lived close to hear.  We'd be hunting and fishing together often.  Let me know when you're back this way and maybe we can get after something more than a buffet.

HuntnCarve

Thank you Okanagan & Dave for a wonderful evening.  I really enjoyed it!  Once again, I've gotten the pleasure to actually meet some more FnF regulars in person.  And all of them are cut from the finest cloth. Next time you are out this way we'll all have to do it again.  There definitely was not enough time for stories.  Enjoy the rest of your time out East.  It was truly a pleasure meeting you.  Have a safe journey home my friend.

HuntnCarve
Dave

Dale

if the company was good, and I know you had a good meal it was an evening to remember... have ate there many times when I lived up north, always was excellent eating...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Okanagan

A little follow up story:  My daughter told me several days later that her six year old son was heartbroken that he didn't get to go with me to supper with Dave & HuntnCarve.  After I left he wailed to his Mom, "They will tell hunting stories!"
He wanted to be in on them and hear the stories.   :laf: :highclap:

HuntnCarve

That's cute but heart breaking. :laf:  He would have been more than welcome to have joined us.  Sounds like another young hunter is in the works. :congrats:

If you think his parents would approve, you can PM me an address and I'll send him out a couple of calls as a gift to start him on his way.  Goodness knows I got enough of them here in the shop.  Just let me know.

HuntnCarve
Dave

Okanagan

Dave,
That's a fabulous offer.  Let me check with his Mom.  He's pretty young and will drive her nuts bowing on the call! 

Dave

Clyde, love hearing it - not the heartbroken part, but that he wants to hear hunting stories. Sounds like you've got a real solid connection with him.
Dave, be sure to voice those calls in 'nails across blackboard' as you did with Dante's first calls!  :madd:

HuntnCarve

Quote from: Dave on April 13, 2014, 05:34:36 AM
Clyde, love hearing it - not the heartbroken part, but that he wants to hear hunting stories. Sounds like you've got a real solid connection with him.
Dave, be sure to voice those calls in 'nails across blackboard' as you did with Dante's first calls!  :madd:

Of course Dave.  Oh, and I'll include the very same instructions with the call.."It's best to practice in the wee hours of the morning just outside your parents bedroom" to get the full acoustical effect of the call... :eyebrow:

Seriously Clyde, if his parents feel he's old enough, and responsible enough, I'll gladly send him a few calls.  I can even engrave his name on one of them as an added gift.  I have the technology.  :laf:

HuntnCarve
Dave

FinsnFur

Nails across blackboard lol

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Weedwalker Ed sure spoke highly of Dave of Huntncarve fame, so I know he must be a good feller.  That nails across the blackboard sound might be a real winner.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Okanagan

HuntnCarve (Dave),
Will send you a PM.