• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Been away for a while . . .

Started by Frogman, July 16, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Hey guys,

I have been off the forum for a while!  I hope everyone is doing OK and hope to be more active here.  Haven't been calling for a while either?? 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

riverboss

Hey Jim glad your back! I havent been out either its been to hot but the mornings here latley have been giving me the itch. Hope all is well with you and your family. How jon?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

KySongDog

Hey Jim

Been on your annual scuba trip yet?    :wo:

possumal

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

Yes,  Semp, took a group of 16 to Capt. Don's Habitat on Bonaire June 21 - 29.  My UW camera quit working so all I have are some topside pictures.  I will try to get some posted soon.

Jim

Hawks Feather

Glad to have you back.  I had not heard (or maybe remembered) the name Capt. Don's Habitat so I looked it up.  Looks like a great place for divers.  It says that they do dives round the clock.  Personally, I don't think I want to be diving at night when predators can smell you and the diver can't even see them.  How do you like night dives?

Jerry

Frogman

Jerry,
We night dive off the dock at Habitat pretty much every night while we are there.  There are very few predator type marine life on the West coast of Bonaire.  We seldom see sharks, like once or twice in twenty years!  The large tarpon, 4 to 5 feet long" do come up into the shallows at night to feed, but they are not a danger to divers.  It's pretty much like anything else that may seem dangerous.  I, for instance, have no desire to try sky diving.  That seems very dangerous to me since I don't know much about it.  After having proper training and several years of experience it would probably not seem so dangerous.  It's the same with night diving.  We have been doing it for years and it is just fun, not scary!  Now when we went to Galapagos, we saw large sharks pretty much every dive.  Most of us had no desire to try night diving there!?!?   :innocentwhistle:

Jim

Okanagan

Good to see your post.  Would enjoy seeing any kind of dive pics you took.

Hawks Feather

Jim,

Thanks for the information.  I guess if you know there probably won't be any fish that are looking to make a meal of you that it would be easier.  But what about the Boogie Man?  I hear he comes out when it is dark...

My guess would be that there is a few different types of aquatic life that would come out at night and stay hidden during the daylight hours. 

Jerry