• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coyote down . . .

Started by Frogman, September 12, 2014, 08:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Jon and I went calling last evening 9/11/14 in OH.  No luck on the the first set.  Except for a raccoon that almost climbed up Jon's leg!!  On our second set near my sister's house we heard coyotes up the holler near where we parked the truck while we were getting our gear ready.  We walked up the holler and set up for a stand.  Jon called for a few minutes with no success.  Then he left me where I was and walked back about 300 yards back toward the truck and started calling again.  I soon saw eyes with the red scanning light.  The coyote was across the field from me and heading toward Jon.  When it stopped I turned on the white shooting light and squeezed the trigger.  CLICK.  When I had chambered a round in the AR I had tried to do it quietly and a round did not chamber.  I hate it when that happens????  So I quickly, and noisily racked the action and chambered a round.  But the coyote was gone.  After lip squeaking for a minute or so I saw eyes again further to my left.  This time the rifle worked and we had fur down . . .

Here is Jon with the coyote . . .

And the hero shot . . .

Jon moving back away from me to continue calling was the key to getting these coyotes to come closer to where I was sitting!  Exciting evening!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

riverboss

Great job guys. Man i cant wait till its LBL time.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

:yoyo: We use that same tactic turkey hunting. Good job guys!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen