• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Guild Stuff.....?

Started by studabaka, April 07, 2007, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

I have to admit, I only have followed the threads on the guild stuff somewhat, so I may be arse backwards and missing the point.

:wo:  :confused:  :wo:

but being ignorant never slowed me down much before, so.........

What was it that got you guys rev'd up on it? What I'm asking is what [not who/how/where] were you envisioning the benefits would be? The reason I ask is not to be glib about an apparently failed venture, but to ponder about how the desired results could be achieved by maybe a different approach. By desired results, I don't mean being part of some yahoo club that wouldn't know wonderful folks with great skill in a burginning market if it bit them in the arse. What I mean is..... were ya looking to participate in a news letter, create some structure and unity, formalize an esprite de cour, challenge the bar higher through contests and standards, make strides toward having predator calls and call makers more visible and recognized in the broader world of call making, ........?

:wo: Seems to me ya'll have the beginnings of that right here  :wo: so rather than try and get invited to someone else's party, what about just starting your own? My guess is that if you were to, it would be no time at all till others started beating a path to your door and at some later date down the road you might find the shoe on the other foot and find the turkeys offering you smokes vs smoking you or your fees. Not that this last pontification really matters, but hey.

Anyway, maybe I'm clueless about this thing, but your a great group of guys and I've seen first hand what ya'll can create when it's your passion.

OK..... now you can through the tomatoes et al.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Arkyyoter

Very interesting Stu....I personally was not interested in the Guild, as I felt it a place for more skilled folks. But, what you are thinking about sounds as if it may be a good thing...we have a multitude of very skilled/talented folk here.....with many years of knowledge. I believe several of them posess the prowess to form such a group as well as insure it's sucess....very interesting proposition.....

Joe

Todd Rahm

Well Stu ya hit a few of them on then head.

Quotecreate some structure and unity, formalize an esprite de cour, challenge the bar higher through contests and standards, make strides toward having predator calls and call makers more visible and recognized in the broader world of call making,

I have thought about having a party.  :roflmao: Just wasn't up on all the  :readthis: Maybe in the future it wouldn't be far off.

"Predator Callers Guild".....Motto "All the other call makers are just prey"  :biggrin:  :roflmao:

Todd Rahm

Uh, about the motto......................you guys that make other calls, I was just funn'n.  :biggrin:

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

I like the idea.  The prospect of stu's "party" is appealing.  We could give them a showing for sure.

I look forward to what the future holds.  And I'm anxious to play a part.

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Hawks Feather

While I don't know all the "ins and outs" I like the idea of a Predator Guild, Collector's Association, Lathe Labors, or whatever you want to call it, or maybe it won't have a name.  I did give the Guild some consideration, and hadn't totally ruled it out, but was still sitting on the fence waiting for anything to happen.  Looks like it did.  From being a member of some groups, clubs, organizations, etc. in the past, unless there is a concerted need or desire to "change", it won't happen.  When I raised canaries I was ask to join a bird club that was mostly made up of hook-bill  breeders, but they wanted canary breeders.  The meetings, newsletter, and even their show was only for hook-bills, not anything for canary breeders. So it was a one year membership for me.  I had a couple other experiences like that which has caused me to realize that usually they (whoever they are) will usually not change.

I am more than willing to be a part of something that is set up for predator calls or predator call builders.  I also would not care if there were other types of call makers that were also members or even board members if something like that were set up.  I think there are enough intelligent people here that, if the decision to try to set something was made, it could be done.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Stu, you got ESPN or just ESP?  :sneer:

I mentioned that very thing to a couple people and even told them I would host the site free for a year just so their money and attention could be focused on making the whole thing fly.

But the offer wasnt accepted

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Uh jim did ya offer that to me?  :confused: Maybe ya did I forgoted it.  :shck:

What ever is decided it cant be a 1-4 man show.  :wink:

FinsnFur

I dont remember if I did or not Todd. No offense if I didn't, maybe I was getting discouraged.  :wink:

I agree, a 1-4 man operation isn't going to cut it.

But so that's it's in the open right up front...beyond the hosting offer I am not going to have much time to allocate to it. So who ever or if ever goes through with it, please dont count me in as much of a contributing member.
I can offer anything needed in the web space department, eg; this board, a new board, a new site, etc. free for a year to get you going. Beyond that I'll be useless to it anyway.

From what I hear, this is actually how the Guild started in the first place. Two brothers locking horns and going separate directions   :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com