• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The Beat-down

Started by nailbender, October 12, 2014, 04:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

I don't know if any of you guys ever tried this infernal game called golf? Well, over the last couple months I've been giving it a try as a way to spend time with my father.  It's been 20 years since I last played but still I thought I could get fairly proficient.  Enough to maybe win a round anyway. :madd:
Right here I need to point out, he cheats,  talking while I'm swinging if I'm within a stroke or two. :nofgr:
But I'll give credit where credit is due,  the Old Fart is pretty good. And he's been patient with this hacker.
  And I've enjoyed the time with him, he's a pretty good guy even if he talks about lawn mowing a lot, a lot. :laf:
Yesterday was the last round for the year and I was lagging behind as usual,  for some reason I play worse with him, maybe all that great advice. :confused:
  Anyhow,  to top off our season and my lessons for the year,   He shoots a Hole In ONE!   :highclap: :holdon:  Now I'll have that to think about that all winter waiting for a chance to beat him again. :rolleye:
Dang I'm glad it's hunting season again, I need to kill something besides a little white ball!

coyote101

Congratulations to Dad on the hole-in-one!  :congrats: :congrats: It's great that you get to spend time together doing something he enjoys.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Thats just awesome that your getting to spend time golfing with him. Even if he is kickin your arse :laf:
But a hole in one?....ok now the cheating has gone too far. :laugh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

I know right?  Even though he was pretty nonchalant about it, claiming it was his second this year, I can almost hear him chuckling from 20 miles away. :laf:
What the heck, I'll give that to him gladly. I know I can't begin to make up for all the grief and worry I caused when I was young and wild.

HaMeR

:alscalls: :alscalls:  Maybe you should move South for the Winter & secretly practice for a couple months!!   :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congratulations to your Dad on some fine golfing & handing your rear end to you!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:

Mom & Dad's bowling season has begun once again. Mom bowls once a week for fun & once in the leagues. Dad bowls 3 days/nights a week in the leagues & one afternoon for fun. 80 & 83.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think it's great to see so many people over 70 getting out & doing things like this.  :highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nailbender

Goin' south won't help.  They go to Texas for the winter! :laf: I'll just have to suck on that bitter pill to keep me warm.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11