• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Log splitters

Started by Dave, March 04, 2015, 07:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Anyone ever use a D.R. Rapidfire splitter?   Thinking of buying one and was hoping for some hands on feedback.
Here's a link to a youtube clip on it.  It's a 6 month free trial, so I'm probably going to check one out. 

JohnP

Never used one Dave, nor do I know of anyone who has.  Having said that I do know that D.R. has produced some real quality equipment and I would not hesitate to buy from them. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Never even heard of em before :confused: I had to look them up.
They sure arent cheap though are they? whoo wee
Im wondering about the power since its flywheel powered verses hydros
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Thanks John.

Jim, the one I'm looking at is on sale now for $1200 with free delivery to a local depot.  That's not too bad - hydraulic splitters are that much, and other quick split type splitters (SuperSplitter and I think SplitSecond are two to three times the price).  I need to pull the trigger on it today, though, as the delivery deal expires today. And with the 6 month free trial period, I'll only return it if it can't handle what they claim.

I'm sick of borrowing and would just like to be able to split at my leisure instead of stockpiling and then killing myself trying to get it all done to return the splitter (and ultimately fixing pull cords/carburetors and the like).

I'm talking myself into this  :eyebrow:

slagmaker

I have used DR products and they have always held up to there claims. If it were me I would jump all over it. I don't know anyone who has this type splitter but I have seen videos and they seem like they will handle anything a hydraulic will handle.

It seems to me it works like splitting with a maul. It's the speed that the ram hits at and not the pushing power. But however it works it looks like it works well.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Dave on March 05, 2015, 07:16:27 AM
I'm sick of borrowing and would just like to be able to split at my leisure instead of stockpiling and then killing myself trying to get it all done to return the splitter.

I'm right there with ya
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com