• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2years now, lion-2, me-0

Started by snafu, March 08, 2015, 05:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

ok so if they're claiming such an area as a home territory, and doing circuits, it could be several weeks between trips through your area... if there's better hunting in a more remote area, that could be extended out even longer I'd imagine...

I'm all in your camp on this one... good hunting...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nailbender

I understand your frustration Snafu. went thru the same here for three yrs. Then all the sign and sightings in my neighborhood just fizzled.  Good luck

snafu

Here is another wrench thrown into the spokes of hunting a lion. Say you have a new tracking snow. You put on 100 miles or so trying to cut a track. In the meanwhile, a lion just outside of the 100 mile area. You drove, makes a kill. Said, lion feeds on the kill for a wk & stays within ear shot of the carcass. Without that lion crossing another road.

The day of or right after that lion's kill. The snow blows & covers all fresh tracks. The following day you drive a road where that lion had crossed recently. But hey guess what....no tracks found.

No matter, I'll keep plugging away. I figure I have another 15yrs of hunting left in me. Before I get tagged by a garbage truck as I mumble to myself about cursed lions as I cross a street.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

nailbender

Quote from: snafu on March 22, 2015, 02:57:36 PM

No matter, I'll keep plugging away. I figure I have another 15yrs of hunting left in me. Before I get tagged by a garbage truck as I mumble to myself about cursed lions as I cross a street.
:alscalls: That's the spirit! :alscalls: