• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My new website

Started by code, April 30, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

code

I finished setting up my website about a week ago. What do you guys think? Any changes you would make?

Here it is http://www.codycowanphoto.com

Thanks, Cody
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

riverboss

Very nice photos Cody !
You are very talented and have a great eye for picking your shots.
Keep sharing them I can see big things in your future.

Hawks Feather

Looks good.  I really like the pine tree and the slow exposure waterfall. 

Sometime when you don't have anything else to do you can check out my photography here:  http://www.jerrylatta.biz

Jerry

FinsnFur

Awesome pics Cody :highclap:
Nice work
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Most definitely two thumbs up.  Which one of them pretty little gals is your girlfriend, I was kinda partial to the one with the braces.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Cody, I'm proud of you in every way and your photography just keeps getting better.  You are holding back some of your best IMO   :congrats:  Hope to see you next Wed.  Will be down for an afternoon/evening.

Cody gave me a large black & white print of the ornery looking bighorn ram which I have framed here in my office.  The ram pic is about 3/4 through the travel section of photos on Cody's site.

iahntr

Scott

Dave

Wow Cody!  Thanks for putting this up on here.  Incredible!!!!
One thing that I'd maybe change is being more specific in what you are offering when referring to 'rates.'  I'm not sure if you are selling some of your photos or offering your services as a photographer or a hiking guide for a photo adventure?  The more descriptive you are, I think the more action you will get.  I think people around here would rather just be able to click on links for info rather than compose an email or make a call and have to talk to someone (just my opinion, though). 
BTW, one of my favorites is the golden eagle soaring through the valley with all landscape as background.
Again, very impressive!

code

Thank you all for the very nice complements! It means a lot to me!

@JohnP that's her! I'm just starting to get her into hiking this year. My plan was to take her on a milder break in hike just to let her get the feel of things but it didn't work out that way. The pictures were taken on her first hike ever...2500 feet of elevation gain in 2 miles. She was sore for a couple of days but she wants to go again.  :biggrin:

@Dave Thanks!!! I will do that! I need to start working on rates for photoshoots and prices for prints.

Any of you interested in buying prints or canvasses?
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Okanagan

Quote from: Dave on May 02, 2015, 07:44:03 AM

BTW, one of my favorites is the golden eagle soaring through the valley with all landscape as background.

Great advice in your post. 

Re the eagle photo:  I got to be with Cody when he took that one.  In late winter he and I had a chance to roam around for a few days to see country and take pics.  Right under that eagle, not in sight in the photo is the frozen surface of Douglas Lake in the interior of BC.  The eagle was feeding on a carcase on the ice, likely a deer killed by coyotes but I can't remember for sure.  He got several pics and then this one when the eagle lifted off and flew.

Cody is holding back some terrific photos, which is likely wise for now.  He got a zoom close shot of three whitetails running through sage in a pose combined of slalom and carousel horse: three bodies in flight arching up and down and swerving.   

I'm ready to sign up as photographer's chauffeur!

FOsteology

Just took a quick peek. Nice shots, and you have a good eye.

msmith

WOW, great pics. Loved the eagles and the lakes.  :highclap:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Dave

I was guessing that was a golden eagle, but I've read that they won't scavenge their meals.  What do you think - golden or immature bald?

Okanagan

Quote from: Dave on May 03, 2015, 11:30:22 AM
I was guessing that was a golden eagle, but I've read that they won't scavenge their meals.  What do you think - golden or immature bald?

I thought that it was a golden, partly because of the dark color of its beak.  I have seen goldens in that area several times over the years, but bald eagles are more common, especially around the lakes.

That's a new one to me about golden eagles not scavenging.  Could be, but it would surprise me.  Seems like I recall a golden eagle joining ravens and coyotes to eat a frozen dead cow one winter when we lived in central BC, but would not swear to that.   

Wish I could recall for sure what the eagle was feeding on.  It is possible that it was something that he killed.  Cody, if you read this, chime in if you remember or have a definitive photo.  I know that we saw a deer carcase on Monte Lake but my memory cells refuse to dredge up more than that the eagle was sitting on a dark spot on the Douglas Lake ice.  I was driving and negotiating all of that traffic...   :alscalls:

Also, immature golden eagles have white spots on the underside of their wings and this one looks like it is at the stage of losing such spots, though it could be an immature bald.   

We need an authoritative bird watcher/identifier here!