• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

bear call

Started by bearmanric, April 09, 2007, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearmanric

been playing with different wood's and style's for my bear call's i really like this one it is claro walnut.  i really like the distress real easy to blow becauce it will help with calling a long time. going to feild test it this weak in colville Washington edge of the Huckleberry mountain's i'll start hunting turkey's next wed but going to try and call some bear in and take picture's.. cant wait you guy's are the first to see this one. i really like it.Rick

THO Game Calls

Beautiful piece of wood Rick.  Nice simple style and I like the satin finish.

2 questions for ya.

What reeds do you use for bear distress sounds? 

and two - seriously - not joking around at all -

Have you ever heard of any bigfoot sightings where you hunt up that way?  Seriously.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Rick,

That is a really nice looking call. 

Like Al, I have a question.  Can you take a gun along with your camera when you go test your bear call?  Somehow I have a vision of your call working really well and you sitting there as bait with nothing but a camera to convince the bear that you are not to be eaten. 

Jerry

bearmanric

I carry pepper spray. i might just call coyote's this week. when i get home several guy's want me to call a bear in. hunting a new area  were the turkey's are will have a 204 with me to . dont really shoot coyote's altho i should get a picture of several. wet one's stir some stuff up. Al i tune a brass 03 i use it alot. brass is great for deer and cub distress. for plain old Raspy distress Lv-02 blade lifted up and creased in the middle sometime's. this call has a brass Reed.  yes there are bigfoot's at my bear camp olympic pennisula. i never seen one. i got a book last year. read while in my tent. every night a bear circle's my tent made me nervous. i would pee real fast outside. they had the people there last year they camp by me .  if there was one it would been shot or hit by car or something..

BasinBoy

great lookin call Rick

Todd Rahm

Hey Rick, thats a nice look'n call but I'm partial to the other style.  :wink: Are ya changing up styles?

HaMeR

I've always liked Claro walnut. Nice call.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bearmanric

Todd just trying different thing's on the call's for bear's. that is my personal call. my Favorate style Todd is a Ladobe and Rare eath style with out copying them. the honey pot is everyone's favorate. here is a honey pot that never sold it is killer for sound. it is Dot black and white ebony. i'm alway's talking about bear call's that is what i live for.you can call a bear with any good old Raspy call. in the sprng i play wityh cub sound's alot. trying some softer wood's today. Rick

the dot ebony is on the left

my personal call snakewood honey pot

desert dog

Nice calls Rick.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Todd Rahm

Yip like tho honey pots.  :congrats: :congrats: