• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Browning .22 LR Ammo

Started by Hawks Feather, February 26, 2016, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I really had no idea that Browning had gone into the business of selling rimfire ammo, but when I was asked if I was interested in purchasing a shipment that arrived (without being ordered) to a local dealer I said, "Sure."  I had told him to be on the lookout for some for me.  He called and said that some had arrived that he had not ordered nor had he seen listed with the distributer that sent it to him.  The distributer said that it could be returned, but I said that I would buy it.  I did an online search and it seems that Browning is now back in the ammo business.  While I don't know who makes the rimfire ammo for them, it comes in a case that greatly resembles CCI.  I really like the head stamp on them.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Cool!  Is that a 40 grain solid point?  Or a hollow point bullet Jerry?

Dave

Hawks Feather

Dave,

I think it might be the CCI Velocitor.  It is a 40 grain, hollow point, with 1435 muzzle velocity.  That is identical to the CCI.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Interesting.
Disregarding any deals or discounts...was it decently priced?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 26, 2016, 10:26:41 PM
Interesting.
Disregarding any deals or discounts...was it decently priced?

Is there any .22LR that is decently priced now?  I checked Gunbroker and I paid about 70% of the price that most of them are asking.  I doubt that much of it will get shot till after I am gone and it is given to the grandkids.  Why didn't grandpa shoot this?  I don't know, but hand me another box.    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

HaMeR

Between $4 & $6/50 around here. HV,target & standard all varies depending on the store you find it in. 22WMR is coming back now as well.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Interesting. I didn't know Browning did 22 ammo.   

Wally World has had some 22 mag recently. Win 40hp.  I bought a few boxes at $10.87/box.