• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coyote down

Started by Yotehntr, March 18, 2016, 09:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Had my gallbladder removed Tuesday, thought coyote hunting might be just the thing to do while I'm off of work. I have a new coyote hunting buddy, a fella I met at church, we've been having a blast chasing the coyote's since I've been milking the operation he walked out to put the decoy out and I was putting up one of the small fold up blinds for my dogs to stay behind.  I've been trying to figure out a way to keep them some what out of line of sight for the shy coyotes. I was about done putting the blind up when I saw movement, I looked up and Andy (my budddy) was waving seems a coyote wondered out into the field.  I squatted down and put my gun on the shooting sticks.  I shot her at what the range finder said was 251 yards After the shot my curs took off, I guess the coyote moved when the big headed one came up and he grabbed the coyote and gave her the death shake... when my dogs got there Andy let her go and let them have at her!   :alscalls:  I was proud of both my dogs, they're going to make coyote dogs yet.

Arrow is where the coyote was at the shot.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

:highclap:

Gotta think you picked a good spot when they come in while getting ready.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Way to go Brad.  :yoyo: Glad you're getting out.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

:yoyo: :yoyo: Way to go Brad!!

Glad your feeling better too!! Great way to heal up right there!!   :highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Looks like some great therapy Brad!  Hope you heal up at "your" rate.  No sense pushing things. :wink:

Dave

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! O'l Dan caught her trail before he saw her and took off ready to give her a run.  About turned his self inside out when he ran by her!  :laf:  I've got them sitting with me while I call, still trying to work everything out.  It's always more fun to me to hunt with dogs.  Dave it's unbelievable how much my rate has slowed down.  Thought I'd be running around after 3 days... not happening. Still can't really eat anything of substance.

:shrug:  I may have to throw all these Yotehntr calls away huh Barry!   :nono:

Okanagan

That coyote thought that you were not well enough to make that shot.  Her mistake!

FinsnFur

Thats flippin awesome! And the dogs are makin sure it stays down lol  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

I think she was actually watching the dogs (with me trying to get them settled in) My buddy was flayling his arms around.... yeah we were a couple sneaky southern boys!  :doh2:   

That's the main thing I'm hoping to have them doing Jim, run a hot trail after the shot hopefully tree a few bobcats too.. Dan definetly has it in him & Roi has the muscle... Just reminded me of another story.  The fella I'm hunting with has more private properties than anyone I've ever met.  He's a retired Army Ranger, and hunts a lot. We drove up to one of the properties last week.  We walked on back kind of run down place, a rental property with a lot of lawn/field ornaments. :huh:   Dan runs into a shed while we were easing back looking for a place to make a stand... cat comes running out... right by Roi.  Do ya'll know how to stop one of those big Yeller dogs from shaking the crap out of a cat?... me either..  Trash braker collar wide open, just makes him shake it faster. At one point the cat was hanging by one claw from Roi's lip, Roi's cutting his eye's at me like  :shrug:... I look at the guy I'm hunting with and say... well might as well let Roi put him out of his misery now huh?  Yeah I can make an impression on a land owner... how many more places you think I can get us run off of?  :doh2:

riverboss

Sounds like some great dogs Brad! I love the cat story also.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Frogman

WTG!!  Good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

WldWldWest

You and them Devil hounds are Killa"s!!!
:bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Yotehntr

They ran another one this morning, didn't catch him though.  I toned them back when I noticed my GPS battery's had died... found more in my back pack but the dogs still came back.  :doh2:  Should've let 'em run.

FinsnFur

How's your gallbladder hole doing?
:doh2: That didnt sound right
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Yotehntr

I'm pretty much good to go, Doc says no heavy lifting for a couple weeks.  That includes mowing the yard doesn't it?  :shrug:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Yotehntr

:rolleye:  Dang, she didn't go for it.   :madd:

FinsnFur

Double over and clutch your guts while clinching your teeth and moaning. Dont make eye contact.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers