• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fox den in Wyoming

Started by Okanagan, May 17, 2016, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

In Wyoming visiting a friend's ranch a couple of weeks ago I found a fox den, bland color but a red fox.  I went for a walk and saw a fox watching me from a high point and suspected that it was a mama doing overwatch for her den nearby.

Windy, thyroid tremors, not very good pics.   The den in a dirt bank below.  All of the holes connect because foxes would go in one and come out another. 

Four little foxes tumbled and wrestled and played oblivious to my sneaky approach but my camera and shakiness could not get a good photo of them.

slagmaker

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Neat looking country.  Them little buggers are lucky they is that far from me chickens. :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on May 17, 2016, 01:40:19 PM
Neat looking country.  Them little buggers are lucky they is that far from me chickens. :laf:

The fox den is a quarter mile from the chicken house on the ranch.  The chickens run loose all day but the wife puts them in the chicken house at night.  Coons are their big problem raiding the chickens since the chicken house is near the big feed bins and right beside a stream.  My rancher friend is pure war on coyotes but seems to tolerate foxes. 

It is a big enough operation that you might consider it real farming  :biggrin:  They were planting and I helped a little while the rancher seeded 1500-2000 acres while I was there.  I shuttled vehicles and helped load seed grain and fertilizer into the huge hoppers.  That giant three unit drill/planting train carries tons of seed with the rate of planting controlled from the cab, and has an autopilot that steers hands free by GPS and knows when to turn at the end of the field.   Then they get on horses and check cattle on the range of hills and draws.

pitw

Yeah the big machines are something.  GPS and horses ain't never gonna be a go. :holdon:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Nice find! I woulda had a blast setting there taking pic too.  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 19, 2016, 09:18:45 PM
Nice find! I woulda had a blast setting there taking pic too.  :eyebrownod:

You'da got better pics!  Wish you could have joined me there.