• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ford upgrade

Started by pitw, May 10, 2016, 07:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I bought a 1986 Ford F150 last year and was playing with it yesterday for the first time and fella's I gotta tell you I'm now in the upper class. :yoyo:.  The damb thing has intermittent wipers. :wink:  I wonder how long before that blows up. :puke:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

You are living large Barry! :laf:
Good luck with the Ford.  The only Ford I ever bought was brand new.  It had "intermittent" running...Spent more time in the shop with it than driving it. :confused:

Dave

KySongDog

Figure On Repairs Daily      :yoyo:

Yotehntr

Saw Ford upgrade and expected to see a Chevy!  :readthis:   :alscalls:  :alscalls:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

MI VHNTR

Ford, the only US automaker that's not on government welfare.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

Welcome to the family of Real Trucks.
Ford F-Series trucks have been number one for 35 years straight so far and still counting. There's a reason for that :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 10, 2016, 08:36:03 PM
Welcome to the family of Real Trucks.
Ford F-Series trucks have been number one for 35 years straight so far and still counting. There's a reason for that :eyebrow:

Welcome :confused:, I been driving a Ford since I was 3 and that was a '51.  The only reason Ford has sold more for 35 years is they are still running on the greatness of the 80-86's.  They produced worst quality trucks after that until they have finally built pure pooh. :pout:.  I been trying to count how many I have on my land but I run outta fingers before I ran outta 85's. :biggrin:
  The dropper was having an issue with his '95 and he asked for help finding the clicking noise when he turned left as it didn't make it turning right.  He was told to check all struts, joints and such whereupon he became sad as he found nothing.  Then he was told to remove the empty beer bottle from under the seat that hit the iron turning left but only hit paper towel turning right. :alscalls: :alscalls: :doh2:

FinsnFur

LoL now thats funny

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on May 10, 2016, 07:46:02 AM
The damb thing has intermittent wipers.

Be careful or the next thing you will want will be power windows and radio with a built in cassette player.    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

HaMeR

Quote from: Yotehntr on May 10, 2016, 01:19:17 PM
Saw Ford upgrade and expected to see a Chevy!  :readthis:   :alscalls:  :alscalls:

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  I would rather drive a chevy truck that the government bailed out,, then got re-paid in full  :biggrin: :biggrin:,, than drive a vehicle from a manufacturer that took a bunch of North American jobs & turned them into south american jobs.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on May 11, 2016, 10:33:05 AM
Quote from: pitw on May 10, 2016, 07:46:02 AM
The damb thing has intermittent wipers.

Be careful or the next thing you will want will be power windows and radio with a built in cassette player.    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Jerry a person cannot beat the old Philco radio in the old Fords.  Only gets AM and that means no head banging nonsense from the lads leaving it on the [stuff in the toilet bowl after a good dump] they listen to. 
I drove a Chev once, actually I won it in 1993 in a lottery.  Drove that pig to the Auto trader place, had pics taken and an ad placed.  Sold it the next day so I could drive an old Ford.  Guy who bought it lost a tranny the first year and the passenger door blew off at 6 months.

MI VHNTR

Quote from: HaMeR on May 11, 2016, 02:55:11 PM
Quote from: Yotehntr on May 10, 2016, 01:19:17 PM

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  I would rather drive a chevy truck that the government bailed out,, then got re-paid in full  :biggrin: :biggrin:,, than drive a vehicle from a manufacturer that took a bunch of North American jobs & turned them into south american jobs.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

$11.2 billion in losses is paid in full? The paid in full BS is an obama type of lie to appease the screwed over taxpayers. BTW, I hope that you don't forget the new plant government motors is building in China with some of its new found funds.  At least Ford is building plants in their market areas with THEIR money, not the taxpayers money.

"U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout"
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-gm-treasury-idUSBREA3T0MR20140430
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

The passenger door blew off? LOL! I wonder if he rigged that for the wife :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 11, 2016, 10:11:35 PM
The passenger door blew off? LOL! I wonder if he rigged that for the wife :alscalls:

It was a windy day and they were pulling a trailer, something was wrong with the trailer so he pulled over and his wife opened her door to go fix it.  Wind caught the door.  She told me "the damb thing near pulled me outta the truck and just ripped off and fell in the ditch".  They put it in the trailer and continued into town with her wearing her seat belt.
I can say,"I sell new Chevs to drive old Fprds". :yoyo:

pitw

As for power windows they suck big time. :argh:  When I hunt from the truck I want precision height adjustment you can get from hand crank. :innocentwhistle:

riverboss

When everything ford sells in the truck line starts with F150-F250-F350 and so on and so on is the only reason they can say its the best selling f series for 35 yrs.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on May 12, 2016, 07:32:28 AM
As for power windows they suck big time. :argh:  When I hunt from the truck I want precision height adjustment you can get from hand crank.

That isn't legal here.  I won't ask if it is there.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Thats some serious wind :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Quote from: riverboss on May 12, 2016, 05:02:12 PM
When everything ford sells in the truck line starts with F150-F250-F350 and so on and so on is the only reason they can say its the best selling f series for 35 yrs.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

They dont say that :nono: They say the F series  is the best selling BRAND.
Most Power
Most Towing
Best Fuel Economy
Best Selling
For 35 years running.  :eyebrownod: See ya next year baby :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 12, 2016, 10:40:08 PM
Thats some serious wind :laf:

Nope.  Just a piece of junk. :biggrin: