• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Season 4

Started by snafu, October 01, 2016, 04:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

Talk about a long road to hoe. This Winter marks my 4th in trying to put a lion in front of my rifle. More pondering on this enduring hunt. I believe I should've started in my late teens? Funny as we age, it just Depends.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Okanagan

Hang in there!

I first tried to call a lion about 1970 for a couple of seasons in Southern California, hunting with a bow, and backpacked into some remote rugged country a few times in the quest.  Am pretty sure I called at least one.  On another backpack hunt a HUGE cougar trailed me and I found his tracks on mine in the dusty trail when I suddenly turned back.  Nowadays I think I could kill that one but at the time I tried to call it, didn't see it in the thick brush and gave up. 

Fast forward to about a dozen years ago when my younger son asked about calling lions and talked me into trying it again with him.  He killed one the first stand we made on our second season of calling them.  He's has killed a second one that I called and a third one that he called on his own.  Meanwhile, I limp along...

You gotta get skunked a lot more years to catch up with me!!  :alscalls:

Then we have JohnP who wanders out for a casual coyote stand and kills another cougar.  Life ain't fair!

snafu

Holy cow! sounds like your area is over ran with lions. Well I suspect the lion pop is not high in my state. Maybe 30? or so give or take. So it is what it is. Regardless, the hunt continues. In the meanwhile if I happen across a trophy coyote, I'll give it a go.

slagmaker

I wish you luck and skill on your excursion's this season.

I know there is no comparison but i have always want to call in a bobcat. The closest I have come is a tabby cat and he had a collar on so he got a pass.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

snafu

Quote from: slagmaker on October 03, 2016, 08:10:09 AM
I wish you luck and skill on your excursion's this season.

I know there is no comparison but i have always want to call in a bobcat. The closest I have come is a tabby cat and he had a collar on so he got a pass.

I can't legally hunt Bobcats in my area. However, like you. I have called in domestic cats as well. Some feral I suspect. I've never shot one I called in. But have followed them with the crosshairs  :laf:

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on October 02, 2016, 09:28:49 PM
Then we have JohnP who wanders out for a casual coyote stand and kills another cougar.  Life ain't fair!

:alscalls:
Its just not fair
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 03, 2016, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: Okanagan on October 02, 2016, 09:28:49 PM

:alscalls:
Its just not fair

Luck my foot, skill, dedication, perseverance, knowledge, outstanding marksmanship just to name a few of my outstanding wildlife skills. :innocentwhistle: 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

LOL....hes got us 😎

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com