• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hello from the far North

Started by Tikaani, March 27, 2017, 05:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Hope all is well,
Thought I would drop a post on what is happening up here in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Winter is still with us, temps continue to be well below freezing at night and just barely above during the later part of the day. Rivers and lakes are still frozen and we are still ice fishing.

Here's some pictures from the past few months.

We got another cow moose in December, she was healthy and took care of feeding my sons family for most of the year.

Future Alaskan moose hunter, youngest Grandson, he really enjoys riding the snowmachines. Soon enough he will have his own Wolverine/Wolf ruff.

The other four Grandsons, they are all starting to learn to shoot, ride snowmachines, the ARGO and 4 wheelers. In time they will hunt the big game along side me.

Had a couple of old friends with Caribou tags but no snowmachines, took them out separately on my extra machine, they filled their tags and their freezers.

2017 Iditarod pictures, for only the third time it started in Fairbanks.
My better half who puts up with me.

Aliy Zirkle

DeeDee Janrowe, cancer survivor, 63 years old and her 35 Iditarod.

The real stars of the show

Flipping your snowmachine in overflow in the middle of nowhere is never a good thing, cannot say enough good about Under Armour Extreme Cold 4.0

Spring time in Alaska

Dave, I have some moose antler for your key chains and some calls, will ship it soon. Semp, if your out there, hello and take care. Scott, hope all is well. Jim, live life, ice fish more. And to the rest of you, eat moose, 12,000 wolves can't be wrong.
Spring bear season is around the corner, I am out of here.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

coyote101

Good to hear from you John. Great pictures  :yoyo:
There's nothing better than spending time with the grandkids.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Great to be able to see what you have been doing this winter.  That image of the snow or possible frost on the trees is really nice.

Jerry

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

MI VHNTR

Thanks for the excellent pictures and the info about them. Cheer up, Spring will soon be here.  :laf:
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Dave

You now have us all jealous down here!  Great post

HuntnCarve

Thank you John.  Much appreciated.  Enjoyed the photos.  Those boys will have the time of their lives, and will grow up to be fine young men.  They got a good teacher.

Dave

Okanagan

Hey John, always good to read your posts and see your great photos.  Enjoy those grandkids!  Thanks for posting.

Coulter

Great pics John! Thanks for sharing them. Looks like you'll have no shortage of mighty hunters in the future.

FinsnFur

Dave's right...now I'm jealous. Awesome pics, thanks for sharing those.
I love the one with all the munchkins in the sled :congrats: Thats awesome that they get some Grandpa time outdoors.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Great to hear from you, John.   Say hi to the family for me.

Johnny

Hawks Feather

I have come back here several times just to enjoy seeing the images again.

Thanks again for the post.

Jerry

HaMeR

That's some cool stuff John!! Those Grandkids look right at home on those machines too!! You live a blessed life my Friend!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11