• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Fox Puppies

Started by canine, July 27, 2006, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

Here are some pics of a couple red fox i raised from wee little guy's till the day they dispersed. I got them from a den in front of the house about 9 years ago. There mother had been hit by a car in front of our house and i kept an eye on the den and had not seen any activity as far as another parent caring for the pups. So, one evening i walked up to the entrance of the den and could hear the pups whining, i imitated the cries they were makin. Next thing i know they were workin there way to the entrance. When i first saw them, i was shocked because there eyes were still shut. I got ahold of these 2 and took em in and bottle fed them and raised them till they were old enough to leave on there own. I learned alot from these 2 all summer long. They really are smart little things.

JD

Rick223

How cool is that! That is probaly something you will never forget.
Thanks for shareing. :biggrin:
Rick
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

FinsnFur

wow :highclap: eyyyyy you never told me about that. :sneer:

I'd love to be able to find some pups like that and raise em up. I just cast a whole new envy upon you JD. Redfox are one of thee, if not THEE prettiest critters out there.
That would be so awesome. :eyebrownod:

I don't think legally we can bring em in though, if I lived on a farm I'd sure consider it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Jim,,Legally we can't contain them.  That's where the time consumption came in. I had to keep close eye on them for the first few months. They then were somewhat trained to stay. I have better pics of them with the kids , if i can find them. There favorite food: Pizza.. they would fight like mad over a piece of pizza.

It will be somethin i will always have to reflect back on, and the kids still talk about them. I think my next pet is goin to be a BobCat, unfortunately it won't come free.

JD

Brad H

That is so cool! How were they in the house? From what I've heard, fox tend to get into everything they aren't supposed to. Kinda like coons. How long till they left?

Brad

keekee

Speaking of Reds, I had a little red pup cross the road infront of me last night on my way to work. First one I have seen all summer. Thats a good sign JD! :biggrin: We hunt right down the road from were I seen it! :eyebrow:

Brent

canine

Brad, The only trouble they got into was, In the evening when it cooled off they would jump on the wifes car and lay in the middle of the hood. They had the side panels scratched up and my butt in a ringer. 

It was fun to watch and learn from them. They worked as a team mostly, 1 would distract the dog or cat while the other stole food. They never once showed any aggression towards me or the kids.

In September they started spending more time away from the house and come middle of October they never returned.
1 of them was caught in a trap by a neighbor. I think it was 1 of mine because he said when he got up to it, the fox was whining like a lost puppie. He told me that he released it and that was the last i heard of them.

Brent, that's good. It's kinda funny, i haven't seen a red fox all summer long. After makin this post yesterday, i walk out in the garage to smoke and a red fox ran across the driveway with somethin in it's mouth at about 4:30 in the afternoon. The little thing was only 50 yards from the house :confused:.

JD 

FinsnFur

What'r you going into the garage to smoke for? :shck:....nevermind, dont answer that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

keekee

We called a Red in across from your house last year. I would say theres a good chance that there is a den right by there. Didnt you see a pup there awhile back? We might want to lay off that spot till fur season...lol

Brent

centerfire_223

My neighbors had a bobcat this past winter. It was a big pet and then one day it went berserk, totally wild again. They wound up giving it to the zoo. They are mean little rascals when they want to be. They only got to keep it about 6 months before they had to get rid of it.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

CCP

That is cool JD "Thanks for the story and pic's" I raised a coyote in the 80's and another for a short time in the 90's they were very timid. They were fun as pup's but to themselves as adults.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

canine

TTT....For AWH to check em out!!

JD

awh

How did I not see this sooner? That is so cool. And dear Lord please don't let DCam see the pics of them in the house or he will be on his next mission.

I would love to watch them like that. They are by far my favorite thing to hunt and their fur is beautiful. I know me and lil-man will be at the farm Saturday morning now. Camera in hand.

Thanks for sharing & putting this back up to the top JD.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

iahntr

I'm glad ya brought er back up too ! That's way cool !
Scott

cb223

Quote from: iahntr on May 09, 2007, 10:53:02 PM
I'm glad ya brought er back up too ! That's way cool !

I would love to have a couple of fox running around the house!
That would be to cool!
CHAD

iahntr

That would be sweet ! Years ago I had a friend that had alot of different animals. They had several different fox, those were outside in cages though. He had a bear at one time, some whitetails. He had a bobcat, in the house. That thing always had an attitude. They had a Mt. lion. The thing ended up dying, his wife did taxidermy so they mounted it and put in in the den.
Scott

Arkyyoter

That's awesome!!! Only thing like that we ever got into was raising a honker whose mother was killed on the highway.....kept it all summe....taught it to fly, one day it flew away....was really cool.

Joe

FinsnFur

Taught it to fly and one day it flew away.  :roflmao:

hey  :confused: Maybe that's what happen to my ex wife too. Taught her to   ..... :iroll:  ah nevermind.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Arkyyoter

That's what we learned IP......if you're gonna teach 'em to fly, ya gotta teach 'em to land.....poor little Mr Peepers....he's probably still out there flying around  :innocentwhistle: