• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Return of the Okangan

Started by Okanagan, January 23, 2019, 09:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Finally got my computer going with internet connection.  We are moved to the US and house sitting while looking for something more permanent, a very good circumstance for us.  We are close to 8 of our ten grandkids, so now can easily go to high school basketball games and do stuff with family.  Love it!  For Christmas, the kids got me a non-resident cougar license so I could start hunting them this winter instead of waiting till next year when I can buy a resident license.  We had one answer the call sounds on a stand last week but it never came into view so we could shoot it. 

coyote101

Good for you. Nothing better than the grandkids. I hope you find your permanent home soon.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Great to see you're doing well & are really enjoying things!!

Lets see,, doesn't this make you closer to LBL now??  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

:highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

Congratulations! I love being close to my grandkids! (I’m spoiled they’re about a mile away) I know you’ll enjoy it!

Jealous about the cougar hunt...that’s has to be a blast.  I’d want to get my dogs in on it though! Trying to get them after bobcats here they’ve chased 1 but didn’t tree. Maybe in time...
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hawks Feather

Being close to grandkids might make it worth living in the US.

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 23, 2019, 12:26:37 PM
Being close to grandkids might make it worth living in the US.

Jerry

Naaaah. :biggrin:

But I am glad Oke has found his way through the hinterland[or wherever] to get back to us.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Thanks.  It is good to catch up on what folks are doing.

Wife and I are really enjoying more time with grandkids.

One grandson is showing me how to cook sous vide method.  WOW!  He came over yesterday and cooked up some elk steaks and I threw in a whole whitetail tenderloin.  We spiced and cooked each steak in a separate sealed bag and then he torched the outside of each so we could taste compare.  Super tender, cooked perfectly all the way through.  The best I've eaten of those meats and that is saying something.

I'm gonna miss all of the hunting and fishing options but I am getting too old to hunt back country well so it is a good trade off.  I plan to buy a non-resident year long fishing license for BC and do quite a bit of fishing up there this summer.

JohnP

Good for you Clyde, and I'm happy that your happy.  Our grandkids are what has kept me going through some pretty tough times.  The hugs, kisses and smiles makes me put my problems behind me and helps me to keep on going.  Seems like yours will keep you going also.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs