• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A different acrylic....

Started by Arkyyoter, May 02, 2007, 06:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I don't have a lot of time of late to be spinning, but I offer the following:

This call looks as if it were from a fine burl, it is not....it is some sort of super space age something or another...So, it looks like wood, and sounds like acrylic....the best of both worlds :grin:

Joe

THO Game Calls

That's slicker than snot on a marble Joe -

very nice

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

What the heck is that stuff  :confused:
Did you spin that out of that extruded decking material Lowes keeps trying to sell us?  :sneer:

Looks good what ever it is  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

man I want it these lil calls your crankin out are just WOW :yoyo: ifn its sold when ya get another one I would love ta add one to the lanyard  :biggrin:

Ed

Hawks Feather

Yoe,

I like it.  Since you say that it produces good sounds, I might have to finish the one I have turned. 

Yerry

Arkyyoter

It's sold Ed.....will make another or two in the next few days....guess I need to order a little more of this stuff....I am going to try to make another of the Pearlized ones tomorrow....

Thanks everyone...

Joe

rjl54

Ok Joe, here's a different opinion:  Your call looks fantastic, the workmanship is superb, so don't let my following comments take away from that.  Colored acrylic with a spankin shine is stunning.  It looks plastic and I know it's plastic, but that's part of the package.  Wood burls with a deep polish take my breath away.  But plastic burl?  Not so much.  Make sense?  :confused:  Just one spinners personal taste.  Others obviously feel differently.  Just thought I'd be a stick in the mud today. Please, take no offense.
                                              Randy

Arkyyoter

Point taken....thanks for another perspective!!  :yoyo:

Joe