• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2006 Deer Pics

Started by statelinerut, April 21, 2007, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statelinerut

Just a few that I brought home in the back of the truck this past season.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

CCP

Nice job!!!

What's the story on the coyote bow kill????
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

statelinerut

Quote from: CCP on April 21, 2007, 02:42:38 PM
Nice job!!!

What's the story on the coyote bow kill????

I was hunting a gas line to my back and a deep hollow in front. It was about 7am when out of the corner of my eye I catch her coming to my left down the gas line. I had already turned in my climber expecting her to come directly behind me, but she had a different route in mind. She entered the hollow about 60 yards to my left and was heading for the creek. The only opening I had the get a shot was at the creek edge, 50 yards from my climber. When she entered the 5 yard window just before crossing the creek I whistled and she stopped. Her last mistake. I put the 40 yard pin on her and let the Outback eat. She did the death spin and expired 15 yards from where I hit her. I ranged the shot at 50 yards on the dot. My longest to date with the bow. The neat thing about the whole event is that my buddy was across the hollow on the other side and watched the whole thing. He actually was ready to draw on her if she had crossed the creek. He actually watched the arrow exit the ol gal. Pretty neat experience for him.
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

CCP

Dang nice shot!!!!  I have never shot one with a Bow I surly wouldn't  be able to make a shot like that. Just plain COOL THANKS for sharing. :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

statelinerut

Hey...a blind squirrel finds a acorn every now and then :laf: I was lucky on that day.

-- Ronald Reagan

FinsnFur

That woulda been some awesome footage.
Sounds like another story candidate for EasternCoytes.com  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

TNyoteboy

You're still a punk! I'll let you know about the 9th, got to see if Momma's got anything planned.
Great hunter...Yes?....Yessss
Fine figure of a man?....Yes
That is all you need to know...for now!

possumal

Hey StatelineRut:  Great pictures and some great backstrap, on the deer that is.  :highclap:  I believe a coyote killed with the bow is one of the top trophies you can take. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff