• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The USPS...

Started by nastygunz, September 27, 2024, 03:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Has my vote for the most useless bureaucratic inefficient government organization I have ever seen. I ordered a set of fiber optic sights and have been waiting for a week. I am attaching a screenshot of their tracking history and where they have been. They actually were in New Hampshire and now they are in Albany New York, I've never seen anything like it no wonder theyre billions of dollars in debt.

nastygunz

This is one small lightweight object that you could literally stick in an envelope with one stamp and mail to somebody.

Hawks Feather

Yea, good luck with that. I ordered an item from the other side of Ohio, and it went to Indianapolis, Detroit, Columbus, back to Indy, Toledo, and finally here. Total, with stays at out of state locations, about 10 days.

nastygunz

8 days today and its back in NH  :argh:

bigben

honestly I have had very few issues with usps.  Prob the most consistent shipper for me.  Ups is second in terms of getting there.  usually almost around 8pm at night but gets there the day its supposed to.  Fedex on the other hand gets it within a few houses.  Usually at my neighbors.  one time it was two houses up. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

Just got it today! Its a miracle!

FinsnFur

Your lucky.
I just got a "your item must have been lost in the mail" notice the other day.
In other words, Good Riddance I guess. :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Merica🇺🇸... I sent them a nasty email telling them exactly what I thought of their efficiency and they sent me a generic email back saying it was due to short staffing and large quantities of political mail. USELESS.

bigben

the biggest thing the usps pisses me off about is I swear my mail person takes great joy in jammin stuff in my box and then I cant get it out.  Mostly because they are too lazy to walk to the door of the house.  if it fits in the opening kinda they jam it in. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

I've told mine 1000 times no junk mail and no flyers and that idgit keeps right on stuffing them in there.

bigben

the no junk mail is a moot point for me.  cant expect them to filter it honestly.  I used to open them up and restuff the junk mail back in the prepaid envelope plus some dirt and rocks from the driveway and it did slow them down for a while. 

nastygunz

LMAO, thanks for the great idea!

Hawks Feather

Quote from: bigben on October 01, 2024, 08:17:00 AMI used to open them up and restuff the junk mail back in the prepaid envelope plus some dirt and rocks from the driveway and it did slow them down for a while. 

I still do return prepaid (junk mail) envelopes with other junk mail that arrives. I think it helps USPS and costs the ones who sent me the junk mail in the first place.

nastygunz

I will be adopting both strategies in the future :biggrin:

bigben

well the prepaid part doesnt get charged until it goes through the system.  So all that junk mail with prepaid postage is worth nothing to the Usps until it gets sent back.  Also most of it is only billed for a piece of paper.  so if you over fill it with whatever then it will get charged extra. 

FinsnFur

We have to go to the post office to get our mail from a wall of P.O. Boxes.
Years ago they had a trash can in the lobby. Residents would take the flyers and junk mail out of their P.O. Box and drop it in the trash on their way out.
During election times it would over flow and be all over the floor.
I used to think to myself, " I wonder what the post master back there thinks when they see this? LOL! They sort it all out and put it in the boxes and we pull it out and throw it in their trash can."   :innocentwhistle:
The trashcan disappeared 6 or 7 years ago.  :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Typical government bureaucracy.