• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My first hooter...

Started by Coulter, June 08, 2007, 04:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

:nofgr: Keep your minds out of the gutter. I have had more than one :eyebrow:

Actually this is the second design I made an owl hooter into. The first one didn't quite pan out. I am able to salvage half of the call though and will turn a new stopper for it tonight.

Bocote Owl Hooter...

Steve

Roundman

I remember my first hooter  :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

It's an odd shaped hooter but if you're happy with it who am I to judge right?? :shrug:

:roflmao:

Seriuosly tho,, it looks good. Is there a reed of some sort inside or will it have an open reed?? :shrug:  I've never paid any attention to those in the store  before.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Sweeeeeeet.
If it's for sale...I'd like to consider buying it. I'm gonna get a sound clip of these hooters up here if it's the last thing I do  :laf:

And then...if you tell me I can buy it...I'm moving the whole dialog up to the Call Store  :innocentwhistle: :roflmao:

:wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

Isnt selling HOOTERS against the law ?  :shrug: well is it Legal in Las Vegas ?  :laf:
But I am curious about the reed like Hamer said? is it inside or is there a tone board that fits inside ? hell come to think of it I dont have an owl call and i need one  :laf:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

Bob,

Selling Hooters in Ohio is illegal, but what happens in Las Vegas is a WHOLE different story.

Al has Hooter reeds in his store.  You can check them out at [beeep].  Dang Al what did you do here?

Jerry

P.S.  If [beep] doesn't work, try  http://www.thogamecalls.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TGC&Product_Code=BORK&Category_Code=MRJ

HaMeR

:roflmao:  @ ^^^^!!

Goodun Jerry!! :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :innocentwhistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is made with one of the reeds that Al offers on his site. It is most certainly not typical of most owl hooters (do they really have hooters?) but that is what I intended. I try to make my calls different when I can, sometimes they turn out like the "Ugly Betty" though. :iroll:

HaMeR...It is a two piece call that separates in the middle to expose the reed. Imagestation has been having problems with their server so I can't post anymore pics yet, I will when the server come back up though.

Jim, if you want this one it is all yours...the price is $23 to your door. PM me your mailing address and I will get it out to you.

Steve

FinsnFur

You PM your paypal addy first  :wink: :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

When I saw you moved this Jim I had to check out where you had moved it. I was figuring you had moved it to FnF Humor, but I guess the hand call [or is that call hands store] is an equally appropriate location..... now I see your buying it  :shck: ... well guess I'm not really shocked, but it does seem to me they should come in pairs.... kinda a matched set  :confused: seems like thats how I always got them, but then again, I never bought them. Probably a fair price for a solo one  :eyebrow:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Stu,

Getting a perfectly matched set of Hooters is pretty difficult.  One always seems to be larger (or smaller) when you get two of them together at the same time.

Jerry

ohiobob

Jerry
I have never been to Vegas but last year the wife went to Florida with her mom to visit Family and out of the Blue I told her I was going to go to Vegas for 3 or 4 days and she said,,ok,,go ahead  :shck:,,so I was going to go ,,i called a sister of 1 of my friends because she gets Airline tickets CHEAP at Akron-Canton Airport,,I had all the stuff planned and i went to the Bank and everything,,then I just never ended up going  :doh2: :doh2: :doh2: I couldn't find anyone to go on the spur of the moment and didn't want to go my first time by myself  :doh2: damn I was dumb as hell,,but for what I would have spent I can use the money for something else  :eyebrownod: My wife has been bugging me to go on a cruise, and I don't want to go to the friggin Bahamas SO I THINK i got her talked into going to Alaska so we might do that this Fall and then she will MAYBE leave me alone  :whew:
Bob

Hawks Feather

Bob,

My wife and I did the Alaska cruise last August.  It was our first cruise and the 50 state that we visited.  I loved it.  While I have visited Nevada several times I have never made it inside the "Sin City" limits. 

Jerry

Coulter

QuoteMy wife has been bugging me to go on a cruise, and I don't want to go to the friggin Bahamas SO I THINK i got her talked into going to Alaska

That sounds like my wife and me...Lets go on a cruise honey.

Response...Only if it takes us to Alaska and I can spot and stalk bears foraging the coastline. We haven't gone anywhere yet :roflmao:

Hawks Feather

We saw the bears several places as they dined on salmon.  Two walked under the bridge we were on (about 10 feet above the water) watching the salmon.  We were lucky in that they were blacks, not brown, and liked fish better than people.

Jerry

ohiobob

Jerry
Do you think a guy could smuggle an 8mm Mag onto the ship so when they get up close to the Grizzlies he can ! POP !
one off at the biggest one ? :wo: shit,,those damn cruise ships dont "sport" and 5" guns do they ?  :doh2:
Well I GUESS I better look up the Alaskan Game laws AND the Norwegian Cruise Lines Rules and Regs  :doh2:
Bob

HaMeR

Bob-- I got Lucky & was able to see the pics from Jerry's cruise. Thanks Again for sharing those Jerry!! :biggrin:  I doubt you'll even miss your guns on that one. Everything is overly scenic from what I could tell & I'm sure it would be a pleasure to just be there. I would like to take that cruise someday myself. :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

keekee

Well, were is those pic's?????????????????

Brent