• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Here it is!!!

Started by Bopeye, September 17, 2006, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I know some of you have seen this already........but, I was setting here playing with my howler and phone and thought to my self, "What the heck". Picture isn't that good, but it's my new howler from Kee. I really like this thing.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Are ya getting so that you can make some decent vocalizations with it?

Once ye get it down, and it's not tough to learn, it's pretty nice how consistant and realistic you can be with the sounds.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I'm starting to make it sound like something. Wife hates it, but o.k.
Looking forward to seeing Kee, JD, you and some of the others at LBL, so you'ns can show me better how to use this thing.

:biggrin:

centerfire_223

Those howlers sound great, but I can use one for the world. Seems I just can't get the hang of it,  :madd: I get one howl that sounds great and then the next one sounds like I stepped on the dogs tail. An open reed howler I don't have any problem with it. One thing for sure though, it makes killer kiyi's.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Try using your upper lip to hold the top of the reed by pushing the caller up in your mouth.
I don't put my teeth on the mouth piece. I roll my upper lip under my upper teeth and push the caller up against my lip.

Then I lick the bottom of the reed to get er nice and slippery.
Put your bottom lip against the reed and giver hell. You can change pitch by moving your lower lip in and out.

My upper lip never leaves the call, it stays pressed tight against my lip still rolled under my upper teeth.

It won't take much movement at all to change pitch.
Barks are easily done by bouncing your lower lip off and on the reed. Puff into the caller as your lip touches the reed as if you were say Ba Ba Ba

You'll be surprised at how little of air they actually take also. Which is shocking cuz JD's good at it and he a wind bag  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bob D

Dang, thanks River Runner. I thought it was just me not being able to make coyote sounds out of Kee's howler. I did exactly like you said and it sounds great and  it's easy to blow. Like real easy!
:highclap:
Bob

Bopeye

.......and you thought Jim was just another pretty face..... :nono:

He's one of those edumucated coyote callers. :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

I don't have a Kee yet, but when I first got my Higgins..................I blew on that thing for an hour trying to get sound out of it. So I sat it down, walked off cursing it and Rich  :biggrin:, wondering what in the hell made it so special.  :innocentwhistle:

Came back about an hour later with out really paying attention to what I was doing, stuck it up to my  mouth and let rip one of the most realistic sound lil' howls I ever heard. Sound so realistic it sent chills down my neck.

Turns out I was a lil "special" (like momma always said I was) and I was trying to hard. Now other then the occasional lip tickling I do perty fair on it.

canine

WINDBAG :madd: :shck: :nofgr: :argh: :confused:

No respect I tell ya......no respect.......... :readthis:

Keep practicing and maybe someday you'll be as good as ME!!!!  :yoyo: :rolleye: :huh: :nono:

JD :nono:

FinsnFur

Blowing the howler?...or the windbag part?  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

canine

Dammmitt...you got me again..... :confused:

The hoooowwwwwllllllllinnnnnnnnggg, :roflmao:...... :whew:..outtaa breath :whew:

JD

fuzz624

Well guys i dont have one of Kees howlers yeat,but i hope to have one soon.After i heard Kee howl with his i have got to have one.He sounds just like a real coyote.

Mallardsr

How much are em howlin' devices.I'll try anything once,(almost).

FinsnFur

They aint...I say they aint cheap. But you'll never regret buyin one.
www.keescalls.com

Brent's (KeeKee) down in South Carolina right now, but if you hit the contact button and shoot him a PM, I'm sure he'll haggle with ya when he gets back.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Mallardsr

Thanks for the info.Ill check it out.

keekee

I see you all were talken about me while I was gone...lol

The main thing with these howlers is just dont blow to hard. To much air will kill the sound and make it to high pitched. Most people are use to blowing a open reen and put way to much air pressure on the latex call.

The reed needs to be wet as well, make sure you get it all slobered up good first.

If anyone has any problems shoot me a e-mail or Pm and we will set up a phone call, and I will help you anyway I can.

And thanks for the kind words

Bop, glad to see you like that howler!

Brent

Bopeye

I love my howler Kee..........don't know what I'm saying with it yet, but I sure can make some noise with it. :confused: