• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Maine enacts new coyote bounty

Started by THO Game Calls, July 26, 2007, 06:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

One of my buddies just told me that Maine has enacted a new coyote bounty - supposed to be 25 bucks eash.  I have not heard this before - anyone hear anything about it?  I am going to call the Maine DWIF tomorrow and find out what I can but was wondering if this is for real or just bull?

If it is for real, I'll see you all sometime next April  :)

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bills Custom Calls

Thats just a little far to travel but if you need a hunting pardner let me know Al

sounds like fun
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

browning204

Al, I read that on another forum as well a while back. I don't know the truth behind it. My Maine licsence is still good.

I know some real real good spot off of route 16 that I called coyotes up like it was nothing. I called 5 in the same exact spot 1 after another with the same sound. 2 one day and 2 another and 1 at night.

But it is a heck of a drive. I have a free place to crash as long as it is not Bear season. heat, lights, beds, but no running water.

Maines Night hunting laws are awesome. Rifle or shotgun, anytime anyplace including on frozen waters.

If they have another maine hunt I wanna go again provided my Girlfriend ain't pushing out a kid next january.

Edit: I just shot them a E-mail.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

THO Game Calls

Well heck, Kittery is only 45 minutes and they have had a coyote problem for years now.   Lots of land out that way that is pretty wooded.   I am going to call them tomorrow and see what the real story is.  If it is, I will probably spend some time over around the kittery area this year.   

Al

Coulter

Hit the LBL hunt then scoot on up to Maine...we could run a circuit after we cash in our bounties :biggrin: :biggrin:

Steve

bushmaster

Damn! I lived in brownfield about a year ago  :doh2:  I wish I knew about this site back then. bummer. 
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

browning204

I E-mailed the F&G in Maine about a week ago, no reply yet. But I did read somewhere that it was a crock. They did make some changes but they did not add a bounty. (so I read)
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

ohiobob

If Maine's Coyotes are as Big Bodied as their Deer then ya better take a Big Gun  :laf: I seen a few of those Big Bodied Deer up there and they were HUGE !!!  :bowingsmilie:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

THO Game Calls

Funny you should mention that Bob.  We already know a .223 isn't enough gun  :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao: 

Actually, I am thinking about using a 308 when calling during the bear season here   :biggrin:

In reality, you really need to anchor them in the early fall befor snow fly.  Otherwise you put yourself in a really bad spot blood training a wounded animal in thick cover is not my cup of tea. 

I've been an advocate of the .243 and the 12 gauge with #4 buck, but I am beginning to think something bigger when calling alone is not a bad idea.   The 12 will still be OK, but I think the .243 is a bit light on stopping power for somethings.   Not so much coyotes, but bear and......things the state says we don't have here.

Al

bushmaster

I heard that!!! I found some cat prints as big as my fist running along the ridge of a sand pit in Denmark, ME. 
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.