• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Couple pics of a den.

Started by Roundman, July 29, 2007, 07:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Talked to a land owner this weekend and he told me he had a coyote that refused to run off when he approached the field in the truck. I thought there might be a den in the area so me and a buddy took off the the 4-wheelers and found it. I did get to see one of the pups in the field but found nothing in the den. The pup was about 10lbs or so. Not full size but big enough to fend for himself. Here are a couple of pics of the den.

CCP

Cool pics Roundman  :yoyo:

How was the den located as far as water sources, open areas etc.??
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Roundman

This farm has eight or nine ponds on it and a couple of creeks.  This den was located within 300 yards of a pond and 75 yard of a small stream. This farm has hundred of acres of open field with open hardwoods and lots of cut timber. The den was just on the edge of a field to the right of the pond in the first picture. Within seconds of leaving the den the coyote could be in a field, cut timber, or open woods. As you can see in the second pic the coyote have plenty of cattle to chase around.

FinsnFur

Cool pics Roundman. Thanks for bringing em in. :wink:

I've only found one den myself, but it is cool when ya do. This one was in a hollowed out tree.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Roundman looks like a good place to hunt.

Y'all having a early winter up there or a late spring you ain't got no leaves.  :wink:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

songdog_sniper

That does looki like a good place to hunt.   Do you think that they were still using the den or did you think that it had already been abandoned?  Aaron Glenn

Roundman

songdog I think the den has been abandoned. After a few good rains I saw no tracks around the opening.
QuoteY'all having a early winter up there or a late spring you ain't got no leaves. 
Ya those pics are a couple of years old.