• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Jaguarundi

Started by FOsteology, July 20, 2007, 12:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

A buddy of mine manages a Ranch outside Hondo Texas. He's seen a Jaguarundi four times this year. I saw one while at his place last year. Neat looking cat. He was of the mind to shoot it and mount it until I showed him they were endangered. Stiff penalities to say the least!

FinsnFur

Never seen anything like that in my life. Wait!...I think I did too, in that movie Ice Age  :wink:

Pretty wild looking creature  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

What's interesting is all the data I've read concerning this animal, it's typically described as being a little larger than a house cat.

The one I saw was bigger than a bobcat..... and the one my friend's wife saw a couple days ago on the Ranch was twice the size of the typical bobcats.

FinsnFur

Were gonna see a new rug, aint we  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 20, 2007, 01:59:50 PM
Were gonna see a new rug, aint we  :eyebrow:

No..... these gato's are on the endangered species list.

ohiobob

That thing reminds me of that Movie: Invasion of the Body Snatchers where the damn Dog comes up to the Guy with a Human head,,ahhh,,I would shoot them both,,the Dog with the Human head AND This damn weird lookin Cat !!!
I know its on the Endangered list but so am I  :laf: I claim I am an Indian or something,,its up to THEM to track my Lineage  :eyebrownod:  And even if I DIDNT shoot that Damn Cat I would throw a damn BIG Rock at it  :shrug:
In all Reality that is a WEIRD LOOKING Cat !!! is it Brown ??? like a Chocolate Brown ???
Hey FOs send some of them up with the Ring Tailed Cats,,I PROMISE I will take care of them  :eyebrow:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

FOsteology

LOL

The one I saw was more of a blackish grey. From what I've gathered, their coat can vary from shades of brown to black.

I don't think you want those ringtails. Those critters STINK! Very strong musky scent... and they're mean little devils too. They bite!

ohiobob

FOs

I will take the Ringtails,,IF they can bite after a 50 Grn V-Max then I will a Bigger Gun  :eyebrow: are they very Abundant down there in Texas ??? Hell My Oldest Boy would have those tails hangin everywhere  :laf: I wonder if the Fishing Lure Company "MEPPS" would pay a Nickel for a Ring tail like they do a Squirrel Tail ??? Hell I can just Tie one of those Ring Tails to one of the Muskie Lures I use,,maybe that will get the 50 LB'er I want for the wall,,you know the saying : " Big Bait,,Big Fish"  :wo: we dont have anything Fun In Ohio to just Blast anymore,,we have Crows,but so does every State in the US of A. and we have Groundhogs but it seems the only Groundhogs left ALL live 2 feet off of the Road and the ONLY time ya see them is when they are in the middle of the damn road  :doh2:
Damn,I wish our Grinny's would grow about 3 times there size and move out into the Fields  :biggrin: then we would have some Fun stuff we could send AirBorne
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

bushmaster

it looks like a cross between a cougar and a fisher cat.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.