• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Do coyotes keep a pattern?

Started by Bills Custom Calls, January 10, 2007, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Sorry wv_yoter  I can't answer your question    I am still trying to figure these coyotes out
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

wv_yoter

I know what ya mean. They threw me a curve ball this weekend. The place I hunted Saturday morning, my dad heard them raising hell there Sunday morning. :doh2:
Jason

Troy Walter

Sorry bccont should have looked at that.

possumal

The only thing I will gladly add to this discussion is to remind everyone of one sure true rule where Wylie is concerned--Never say never about what a coyote will do.  This is my opinion only, but I think their travel routes have more to do with what they are feeding on at that particular time.  They are far too endowed with canine intelligence to hunt the same pattern every day, not necessarily to avoid hunters, but to not wear out their hunting area.  I feel sure they don't like to do the same thing every day at the same time, and weather conditions affect those choices a lot.  When a bad blizzard blows in, they just lay up around this part of the country, and they may have to alter their route completely to get to a more productive feeding area.  They know that bad weather makes the very animals they are after gather to heavier cover, and they will hunt that kind of terrain.  Call it instinct if you want, but I think it is well honed canine intelligence.  Think about how smart a domestic dog gets even though he doesn't have to depend on his wits to get fed.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff