• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

This weeks hunts

Started by rwehuntn, September 30, 2007, 09:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwehuntn

Well I did it. I broke down and decided with the cool weather in my area to start the yote season. on Wednesday I went out after I got off work. I called three places, two came in  :biggrin: one left with me, one got away. I couldn't handle it on Friday so I called in to work  :shck: and went hunting. I called in four and killed four. Then yesterday I went again. called in three yotes and two domestic dogs. My partner missed one yote, I killed one yote and one yote did not get shot at (we did not kill the domestics, they had collars on) so grand total is 9 called in 6 dead. Not a bad start for a season. Here are the pics of the four I killed on Friday, I have pics of the others on my phone, I just don't know how to get them from there to here.

Side note for Jerry, The call works. I called in three of these with it. Look in the center of the picture of the four yotes.

rwehuntn

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had a good time and I am glad to hear that the call works for you.  I looked at the first picture and thought, I know that call.   :biggrin:

Jerry

wv_yoter

Sweet. Thats a pretty good way to start the season. :yoyo:
Jason

keekee

Nice looking Coyotes! Sounds like you had some good calling! Congrads!

Brent

studabaka

Can't mistake the shape of that call..... kinda buxom  :eyebrow: guess that works on yotes too  :shck: did ya wave it at em or blow it  :hahaha: That is an impressive way to start the season  :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

KySongDog

Thanks for the pics and story!  One of these days I'd like to hunt open country like that.  Looks good.   :congrats:

Semp

THO Game Calls

Those are some fine looking coyotes.   I may have to take you up on that ofer to come out and hunt!

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

Hey thats an outstanding start to the year.  :yoyo:

rwehuntn

Thanks for the replies guys,

Semp,
That open country in the photo is the hills behind my house, it is so dry this year around here none of the sagebrush turned green.

Stu,
You busted me, those yotes like em big on top and smaller on the bottom. I blew the call at them and the used it as a decoy when I spotted them.

Al,
Come on over, I think we are going to have one hell of a season this year by the way it has started. I talked to one of my hunting buddies and last Tuesday they called in 9 and killed 2 (I think they are anticipating joining peta or something) I hate to see the yotes get educated but it happens sometimes.

rwehuntn

Bob D

Dang, that's a nice way to start the season. Congratulations. Keep those pictures and stories coming.
Bob

coyotehunter_1

rwehuntn,

:congrats: It looks and sounds like you all had a blast !!!  :highclap:

BTW < I hate to tell you but....  I think someone's done went and stole all your trees. :shck:

:biggrin:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.