• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Old Man- Todd's Call

Started by caller223, October 19, 2007, 08:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caller223

Trying to find a good looking wood to make Todd a call, mesquite burl looked good till I tried turning, it was like a politician- good outside and rotten inside. Nice spalted maple but suspicious knot on it too, and nice birdseye I might keep for myself.
Todd if the wavy maple looks ok let me know, I don't want to waste last delrin mouth piece, componits inl last picture.
Richard Grantham

THO Game Calls

That is a pretty call right there. 

If you need some delrin, let me know.  I have plenty aound here and can get as much as I need.  I am sure there are one or two cut off pieces I could zip out to you for free if you want them.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

Heck yeah, she's nice Richard, and damn those politicians.  :biggrin: I'd be more then happy to have that call, just PM the payment details and we'll get that beaut a move'n.

caller223

Quote from: THO Game Calls on October 19, 2007, 09:13:48 AM
That is a pretty call right there. 

If you need some delrin, let me know.  I have plenty around here and can get as much as I need.  I am sure there are one or two cut off pieces I could zip out to you for free if you want them.

Al

Al, kind words on call.  I went to your web site and was really impressed.  Your providing a big service to call makers- hope they are responding.  What size is the cocobolo blanks ?  Do you take paypal ?  and what would be total for the 24 ??
I'll accept offer of scrap delrin IF I buy the cocobolo, I've been making the little 2 pc calls with 5/8" mouth pieces.
Richard Grantham

THO Game Calls

All the blanks are 1 1/2 by 12 give or take a bit on the 1 1/2 inch square.  They may vary 1/8" or so,   the game call blanks are all 4 inches long, same 1 1/2 square.

Shipping is via Priority mail.  I can get 12 to 14 blanks in a box for 8.95.   1 blank is 5 and two is 7 and 3 or more 8.95 for shipping.   

Yup. PayPal loves me.  They get a cut of everything.   Worse than my wife.

I wont have 5/8" delrin util next week.  I buy it in 10 foot lengths 100 feet at a time.  It never fails that they send me 6 or 7 that are 9 foot 11 inches so I usually have short sticks around.  Those I usually put in someones box as extras when they order.  But I can save you out a few.   Just drop me an e mail if you need something and I can work it out for you.   thogamecalls@aol.com

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results