• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Large boar Coon

Started by Silencer, October 30, 2007, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Went with my bud Dusty to run the dogs tonight.  2 drops, one along the river didnt produce but the second drop on Oak Hill we got a nice large boar.  This is the first night I've been out with him this year.  Seems every time I go, we get a jumbo  :eyebrownod:

Here's Hammer on the tree

Here's Rage, he's young and learning

Pulling the dogs off after the shot, that coon took a number of head hits before falling.

End result, hero pic for the dogs :)

FinsnFur

Man what kinda weed burner flash you got on that camera? That pup burned a serious hole into the night didn't it?  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

Hammer and Rage. I like it!!

I'd love to coon with dogs some day. Always looks like a blast.

Brad

Silencer

Jim, Its an Olympus sp-55ouz with 7,1 megapixel, 18x optical zoom.  I was just using the standard flash ? 

It has a burst rate of 15 foot per second, not sure what that means.  There's too many options, I just set the camera on auto.  I'd really like to learn more about it someday, its like owning a jet and not having your pilots license  :confused:

Todd Rahm

Man nice pics, nice dogs and nice fat daddy coon. Reminds of the days, I'd get lucky enough to get one and while walking back to the truck, he would be in one hand and three to four others in the other hand to balance me out.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Burst rate is rapid consecutive shots.
So you could take pictures of the coon falling down outta the tree after he was shot.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That is one nice coon.  I do miss listening to dogs run a trail.

Jerry

Silencer

Must be the 15fps isnt foot per second ???  :roflmao:  Or is it ??

Thanks for the replies, if Hammer could climb the tree we wouldnt need a gun  :biggrin:

vvarmitr

Quote from: Silencer on October 31, 2007, 12:44:17 PM
if Hammer could climb the tree we wouldnt need a gun  :biggrin:

No, but you'd need a cherry picker to get him back down.  :laf:

THanks for sharing. :wink:  I gotta go look at a day/night dog here soon. Having trouble scheduling a meeting. :rolleye:

keekee

Thats a big ol boy! Congrads! I hope to be seeing a few of them myself next weekend!

Brent

songdog

nice coon.. took a number of head shots to knock his fat butt down,,, probably hit every limb on the way down too...... good job