• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Montana Mule Deer Buck and Bull Elk

Started by Fireball221, November 19, 2007, 08:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireball221

My dad flew up from NM this season to accompany me on my special draw tag for mule deer here in Montana.  We had a great time passing up several bucks before I placed the crosshairs on this classic looking mule deer buck.  Prior to this hunt I was blessed to have also shared my bull elk harvest with my dad by my side as well.  What a season and the best part was having my dad along just like the good old days :biggrin:.  It's been about 10 years since he and I have hunted together.  Let me know what you think. 

Headed to Oregon for Thanksgiving with my wife for a surprise  :innocentwhistle: baby shower.  We are now in the 6th month of the pregnancy and time is moving fast.  I can't wait for our little blessing to be here :biggrin:.  Have a great Thanksgiving, I know I have much to be Thankful for. 

Dave

weedwalker

Nice deer and elk. And it's great that you got to share it with your Dad.

Bills Custom Calls

I bet your Freezer is full

Hunting with dad A youngen soon to be here and 2 nice kills.I would call that one heck of a year

Congrats!!!!!!
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

vvarmitr

That is just magnificent! :thumb2:  :thumb2:  :thumb2:

It don't get any better than that.  :biggrin:

Thanks so much for sharing! Do you have any time to give more details on the hunt? :eyebrow:

studabaka

Darn nice season you had and having your dad there for both, well that's just impressive planning and execution on your part  ;yes;:congrats: :congrats: Congratulations!! And congrats on the soon to be hunting partner. Will that be your first? Have a safe trip and wonderful Thanksgiving!
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bob D

Fine looking mule deer . I really like his rack.

Hawks Feather

Great pictures, great kills, and I am sure an even greater joy having your Dad along.  Now, for the "under cover" work - CONGRATULATIONS!   That will make you happier than any hunt.

Jerry

DirtyDog

Nice buck and bull......I wish my dad would hunt with me, but we just don't have that type of relationship. I plan on having a good relationship with my boys though.  :wink:

slagmaker

Congragulations on the hunt. I know hunting and  fishing with my father was one of the things I looked forward to. Big congragats on the new addition to the family.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

keekee

Congrads dude! Very nice take!

Even better you spent it with your dad! I get to hunt next week with mine! :biggrin:

Brent

wv_yoter

Congrats Dave. I 'm very lucky I get to hunt with my dad and both grandpa's every year. Nice pics and an even better story. :congrats:
Jason

Fireball221

Stu,
this will be our first little one.  We are very excited!!!

Jerry,
Thanks and you are right the "Under Cover" work will sure pay off and I am postive that this experience will be my personal best achievement and responsibility.  We can't wait.

Thanks to all on the comments and Dirtydog you have the right attitude and I know you will have a good relationship with your boys. 

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless Y'all

FOsteology

What do I think..... simply fantastic! Wonderful that you got to spend some quality time hunting with your Dad. And hey, very nice mule deer and the Elk's not shabby either!  :wink:

Bullet

It is nice when you can have a successful hunt, but you topped it with having 2 and having your dad along. Congratulations :highclap:

FinsnFur

Wow! very nice.  :yoyo:
That Elk especially is going to be some good eatin  :eyebrow:
Nice write up, I enjoyed that Fireball  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Troy Walter

Wow, very nice and even better you got time with your dad.

Ladobe

Fantastic pictures Dave and really envy the write up.   You're a lucky man to have a Dad who still cares.   Last time I hunted with my Dad was elk in 1966 - the last time he ever hunted.   All I have is memories now, and the British MK4 303 blunderbuss Ackley sporterized for him in the mid 50's that he hunted all his big game with.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus