• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Gloves?

Started by browning204, December 03, 2007, 08:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowjunkie

Quote from: centerfire_223 on December 08, 2007, 05:54:02 AM
20 below... your nuts to live where it gets that cold.  :roflmao:  There is no way I could take it, now don't get me wrong I like cold weather but not that cold. The coldest I can ever remember hunting in is about 0 degree's maybe.

I guess it is something that you just get used to and how to dress for it. Maybe one of these days I will get a chance to come up that way for a cold weather hunt. Someone will just have to let me borrow some WARM clothes!!!!!!!

Ive hunted when it was cold enough to freeze the rem-oil in the bolt on my gun had to remove said bolt and hold it under the arm for a couple minutes to get it to work ..... still got the elk to  :biggrin:

DirtyDog

Man...it feels like summer here today. Somewhere around 70. Even though it is raining.

HaMeR

It's supposed to top out at 37* here today. Think I'll break out the shorts & running shoes & go for a jog. :laf:

70* in winter doesn't seem like winter to me.  But it would if I were from down that way I guess.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

studabaka

Average highs for this time of year around here are mid/low 50's. 70's is flirting with record highs. When it does snow, the snow removal process involves a few hrs/minutes in a rocking chair  :doh2:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

George Ackley

I use a set of army surplus's sub zero mittens , they are a wool inner mittens with a outer mitten that is leather on the palm of your hand and some sort of canvas on the top side they come up way over you wrist .
they run me I think under 25 bucks new. they also come with a lanyard type string so you can take off one with out dropping it. trigger finger in each glove..
if you like I can try and up load a photo pal.

Best could weather glove out there.. they are used in the arctic.

Big George
PS I have a good connection for surplus's gear so if i can help just whistle

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

George Ackley

FinsnFur

Never seen those before. Those look like a pretty good idea.  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

That's exactly what my southern thinned blood was thinking jimbo  :eyebrownod:

PM sent George  :biggrin:

I'm over due to visit my buddy in Maine for a bit of hunting, but I just ain't geared for that kinda cold.  :nono: I keep envisioning that I'll look like Charlie Brown in his snow suit...... Lord help me if I fall on my back  :laf:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

George Ackley

I hunted wolf , coyote , and long tails last year in 30 below up north and they were fine
it gets cold here and I never have a cold hand.

studabaka  , when your going up north to Maine give me a holler and we my get to gather i hunt the same areas your buddy dose Rangly, Stratton area... good calling area.

Jim if you ever need cold weather gear let me know i have tried it all and think i got the could beat

if you smart and going to play in the cold look at the  Polyporpylene Thermal  shirt
for 20 bucks they are graet and really warm you pay much more at the big stors for something like this stuff
if anyone from Fins and Fur  need a link to get this gear PM me and i will get it to ya

at the big name stores you pay 3 times as much to get the same quality gear

THO Game Calls

Ever notice when you are walking, no matter how cold it is, that your hands and feet do not get cold?

Once you sit down, your core body temp starts to drop a bit.  The body goes into survival mode and your blood circulation slows as blood starts to pool around your major organs.  That's why your hands and feet get cold.   No circulation.  Wearing a lot of heavy clothing that makes you sweat just a bit will cause your core temp to decline faster once you sit down or stop walking too. 

One thing you can try, is to wear a shirt with breast pocket.   Put a large hand warmer in that pocket.   It will help keep your core body temp up there and your circulation will not slow as much, and your hands and feet will stay warmer.  Good liners that wick away moisture are always a good bet too.  Cotton, any cotton close to the body in cold temps is a bad thing and will make you miserable.

Keep your core body temp up and you wont have cold hands or feet.

Al

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results