• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

An unusual catch...... almost

Started by studabaka, January 07, 2008, 05:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

When I came up on one of my dirt hole sets this morning I was looking for the rock behind the hole, but it wasn't there  :confused: When I walked over to the set this is what I found......

The rock [what we call union county shale] was smashed to bits. The torn up circle around the trap was 10-12 feet in diameter and clear evidence that the trap had held up for a significant time before ultimately loosing to superior fire power.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Someone came up on it and shot the rock?, then the critter, and helped themselves.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jrbhunter

I'm sure it would've been better eating than your target animal.   :eyebrow:

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

coyotehunter_1

Well, THAT really sucks !!!   :mad3: :mad2:  :argh:

At least they left your trap. :whew:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

DirtyDog

Coulter

That sucks Stu...Nothing ticks ya off more than somebody screwing around with your steel and taking your fur.

I had somebody steel one of my conibears out of a coon cubby (5 gallon bucket at the time) and the take a crap in the bucket...they even wiped their behind and left the TP in the bucket :madd: :madd: :madd:

I can laugh about it now, but man was I PO'ed when I check that trap.

Really gives new meaning to the phrase..."I didn't catch crap" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Steve

studabaka

:shck: :shck:

Sorry guys.... I was saying yup to Jrbhunter's comment on 'better eating'..... nobody messed with my set. I had a deer in it and it beat the crap out of my trap. If ya look close at the trap you can see he knocked out one of the jaws.......  the cross stakes never gave an inch  ;yes; Never had one actually get caught that hard. I have had them kick traps and sometimes set them off, but never get caught and held.

FinsnFur

Oh yeah!!!! :sneer: I knew that the whole time!  :eyebrownod:

:nono: the hell I did   :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jrbhunter

"How do I release a deer from a snare?"       -----   Lift it's head and clip the cable.

"How do I release a deer from a foothold?"   -----    Let it see you.

Brad H

I kinda thought the jaws looked tweaked.
Up to last week, if I had a trap yanked out, I assumed it was a deer, and that was probably the case other than just recently when my latest yank job had a claw in the jaws. A week earlier than that, the whole damn trap was missing. A cat set with the guide sticks, attractors and everything still in place. It's private and no ones been in there so it had to have been a deer that got hooked just right or a lion that took one hell of a leap and snapped the 1/8 inch cable in one shot. Either way, I'm still out a trap a lot like you are Stu.

Brad